Sergio Ramos

serghei

It's still baffles me how at 31 with his resume he gets called an overrated defender. Like I said he's at least solid 70% of the time which is what you expect from defenders.

Ramos - Pique must be the craziest, most overrated, most decorated CB pair ever. :lol: Many of the things said about Ramos are said about Pique too. They're just unconventional defenders. Take a lot more risks and end up looking very bad at times when they get exposed. In the long run though, when the going gets tough, they show up with some exceptions.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Ramos - Pique must be the craziest, most overrated, most decorated CB pair ever. :lol: Many of the things said about Ramos are said about Pique too. They're just unconventional defenders. Take a lot more risks and end up looking very bad at times when they get exposed. In the long run though, when the going gets tough, they show up with some exceptions.

They're really not overrated though. The word is misused in their context. They're risky, but in a team with offense rooted into how the club plays your defenders need to know how to play forward. Put a slow turtle into RM or Barca and they'd never stick. Look at the choice of defenders Pep prefers. It's always the risky and level-headed pairing. The only time these defenders ever get in trouble is against teams who are truly great on offense and can compete in the midfield. Which against Barca and RM is not easy and only happened handful of times in this decade.

They're not overrated. Just that their role is misunderstood by the casual viewer.

serghei

They're really not overrated though. The word is misused in their context. They're risky, but in a team with offense rooted into how the club plays your defenders need to know how to play forward. Put a slow turtle into RM or Barca and they'd never stick. Look at the choice of defenders Pep prefers. It's always the risky and level-headed pairing. The only time these defenders ever get in trouble is against teams who are truly great on offense and can compete in the midfield. Which against Barca and RM is not easy and only happened handful of times in this decade.

They're not overrated. Just that their role is misunderstood by the casual viewer.

True. In my experience, they've been called overrated by EPL fans in particular, who think any defender has to be in the Stam/Carragher/Vidic/Terry mold to be good.

Latin football fans rarely call them overrated.

JerseyAddict

Here in Croatia, we laughed our asses on this.
It is something he could get here from any car dump owner.

my grandfather had similar, white one, this ain't the car, but it is the same model in this picture:

fico.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Here in Croatia, we laughed our asses on this.
It is something he could get here from any car dump owner.

my grandfather had similar, white one, this ain't the car, but it is the same model in this picture:

fico.jpg

Hehe good old Fico. And great reminder of times when everyone could own a car and a flat. Safe jobs, free health care, free education and paid holidays (often in companies hotels at our beautiful coast).

Home of Barca Fans