Sergio Ramos

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He achieved at the age of 24 what Hierro achieved at 35 ...
Anyhow Balague hinted today that Ramos will be sitting on the bench for some time after the classico ..
i think unless Arbeloa is injured or suspended .. Ramos will be a bench warmer for the next 1-2 month maybe more

what's funny about that is that on Monday it seems Mourinho sent Arbeloa on to just kick people. :lol:

frankly this game must have solidified the idea that Ramos is a CB. playing there just focuses his mind and prevents the kind of mental lapses we saw on Monday.

No he did apologize to Xavi and Puyol , he said it was a bad image for the children and said he never hurt or intended to hurt anyone.. said the tackle hit lass as much is Messi .
he also said there was some ugly gestures from their side .. and it's normal in such games..etc

He also said he believe Xavi deserve the Ballon D'or and that he had so much affection for Xavi

he's not a bad man, he's just young and very very fiery. that's why Puyol said it was already forgotten, because he knows Ramos just lost his shit (and, frankly, Reial don't have a leader in the team to calm him bar Iker, and Iker can't keep running out of his goal to sort him out).

Beast

The Observer
There is so much talk in the Madrid press about the leadership thing Meta, but i guess Jose should have played that part as the leader of the group but he was really strange that game .
Iker is too nice for a captain , he like Mr. Popular who everyone love and respect because he is a nice guy
.. Real still need a Hierro like Barca have their Puyol... call me crazy but i think Ramos as a Captain will be a great idea for the future.. he is already second Captain behind Iker

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well Ramos has the obvious passion for the game that Iker perhaps lacks, and Iker's in goal so that will always count against him as a Captain.

to make Ramos the Captain, though? he'd have to do a loooot of growing up. for me, you'd have to move him to CB for a year or so first, get him playing consistently and channelling his passion into owning forwards like Puyol has. and then when he's 26 or so he'll have hopefully matured and then you could give him the armband, and he'd be excellent.

but then, equally, you can't really take the Captaincy away from Iker. I don't think he'd mind, because he has a sensible head on his shoulders, but the man is Captain of Spain and an Icon. Marca and AS wouldn't stand for it, and you can sorta see their point.

Beast

The Observer
No one would.. he is Mr. Nice guy Meta he is loved by absolutely everyone friends and foes .
I think the responsibility could make Ramos stop fooling around and fucking around and mature.. but i don't see it happening due to Iker and Iker's position in Spain , Real ..etc

I still think he is the closest thing we have to Hierro and growing up can come with responsibility
in CB he can cover his lack of concentrations at times but he always consider that if he switched to the CB spot he will lose his Spain position , he nagged about that when one of our old managers played him there , unless Puyol retires or have a big dip in form i don't see Ramos asking for a switch

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
as for José, he was just shell-shocked.

for the first time I think he felt he had a team that could come to the Camp Nou and take Barca on. and when that proved abundantly untrue and we owned the first 20 minutes, he didn't seem to have a response (remember his Chelsea days, this is a guy who is prepared to make subs in the first half). he tried something at HT with Lass, but that didn't really work and we scored twice again. he just looked lost and mad, and you can understand that really. maybe he was mad at himself for not being true to his modus operandi (parking the bus, extreme counterattacks) or maybe he was mad at Perez for not giving him the players he requested (Maicon, Milito) or maybe he was mad that his players weren't executing his plans... we'll never know but my guess is a combination of all 3.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
No one would.. he is Mr. Nice guy Meta he is loved by absolutely everyone friends and foes .
I think the responsibility could make Ramos stop fooling around and fucking around and mature.. but i don't see it happening due to Iker and Iker's position in Spain , Real ..etc

I still think he is the closest thing we have to Hierro and growing up can come with responsibility
in CB he can cover his lack of concentrations at times but he always consider that if he switched to the CB spot he will lose his Spain position , he nagged about that when one of our old managers played him there , unless Puyol retires or have a big dip in form i don't see Ramos asking for a switch

that's why I'm annoyed at the RFEF for making Del Bosque keep Puyol and Capdevilla around for those money-spinning friendlies (that hasta be the reason), because Puyol was set to retire from Spain which cleared the way for Ramos to move into CB. now that has to wait until 2012/2013 when Puyol has retired after the Euros. but it's such a waste. take Puyi and Joan out, Ramos to CB, Azpilicueta and Monreal to RB and LB... that's your back four for the next 8 flippin' years!

beef-supreme

I know Sergio Ramos is a world class player, a top RB and potentially CB too, but when it comes to Clasicos, he always makes ridiculous, mindblowing schoolboy errors. The most striking one is when Messi chipped the ball to Titi in the 6-2, and Ramos, instead of heading the ball, did some truly messed up reverse scissor kick which meant he was nowhere near the ball which was initially barely above head height, and he missed it.

Ramos is a super player, I reiterate, but just like how with Ibra it's easy to make really good youtube highlight reels, with all his awesome flicks and whatnot, with Ramos, it would be so easy to make a blooper video.

And it's not like Ramos even performs BAD for the whole Clasico. He can score a goal, give a crucial assisting cross, make a big tackle... But you can rely on him to make a stupid mistake as well.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
most of hthem, yeah :p At least everyone I know, and ain't barca/spain fan... :) No one is denying he is one of the best, but to love him, rrrr, no..

Home of Barca Fans