MotoGP

barca96

I have been waiting for so long for someone to create a thread.

im saddened by rossi's crash which broke his right leg.:(:(
every week im looking forward to the weekend for some barca match, motogp(rossi) or lakers.
last week rossi was crashed during practice and will be out for 4 or 5 months which means that i can only rely on kobe or barca to give me some joy at the end of the year/season now that rossi is definitely out of the race.

btw rossi's team mate, jorge lorenzo is a barca fan.
he is extremely talented. he was my favorite to win the championship even with rossi still in contention.

here are some of the pics. he donned a barca scheme for his helmet and bike for the catalunya race last year(2009).

XaviMessiGirl

Not a big Moto GP fan, watched a few races here and there but that's it... I was sorry to hear about Rossi though :( I know what a talent he is. Hope he recovers as quickly as possible.

Laguna Seca Raceway has set up a form for fans to send get well messages to him here: h

What do you think about him possibly switching to F1 btw? He has expressed interest in joining Ferrari.

barca96

wow!!! didnt know he had a large fan base in US.
hayden gets that award.
thanks for the link!!!

i think he has given up on F1.
however you cna never rule it out as F1 is not like motogp or any other sports.
there are lots of drivers in auto racing that are over 30 years old.
but it seems that he is leaning towards Rallying nowadays.
He raced competitively a few years back in New zeeland if im not mistaken.

XaviMessiGirl

Well Laguna Seca holds the USGP so it's only right that they do something I guess. If I ever start seriously watching it someday, at least that's only two hours tops from me so it'd be easy to go to a race. I've been there several times for auto racing events, I love that track :)

And I don't know, the rumor mill started up again right before Rossi got injured, that he wants to be the third driver for Ferrari. I didn't really read much into it so I don't know if that means test driver as the term is used now, or if Ferrari are at it again trying to get the FIA to let them run 3 cars in the championship... which is a completely stupid idea as it would be unfair unless all the other teams could do the same, and some can't afford to. As much as I love Ferrari I think they're being really greedy over that issue.

How did Rossi do in rallying? WRC right? I had stopped watching that for a while because I was sick of Loeb winning every year, started watching again last season because Hirvonen was challenging Loeb and now I'm back into it again even though Loeb's still dominating. That's cool though that Rossi is interested in all forms of racing... haha this is turning into not a MotoGP thread but a Rossi "what will he do next" thread :lol:

barca96

xavimessigirl, check this out.
i got goosebumps while reading it.
they love him so much at ferrari apparently

quote:

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has offered Valentino Rossi the use of the Scuderia's cars during his recovery.
"Everyone at Ferrari is with you at this difficult time," di Montezemolo said on Ferrari's website. "

barca96

Jorge Lorenzo is the man now...

yeah i think it will be the same case from now on and next season.
not sure whether the doc can bounce back stronger than ever.
i would like him to have a shot on ducati next season but now that he is injured, not too optimistic about that.

XaviMessiGirl

I caught the Dutch GP on TV over the weekend, it was on after F1 qualifying here so I figured I'd check it out.

Lorenzo is class... I might just keep watching

barca96

haha no. messi was injured months ago( or that is how i feel like, ifeel like its been years).
and 7th in standing. he was 2nd before the crash.

yeah i got goosebumps when i saw that moto2 crash.
thankfully he only suffered bruises on the shoulder and left elbow.
pretty amazing considering his bike landed on him.
i feared that it would be another wayne rainey moment.
was happy to see him moving after the crash.

he wanted to pull a rossi move.
last season's catalunya race was one of the best ever with rossi and lorenzo exchanging leads multiple time( more than they do in the whole F1 season).
and just when we all thought that lorenzo has won the race after over taking in the last lap,
rossi pulls a rossi, typical rossi! overtook lorenzo on the last corner.
and its not the once that both rossi and lorenzo had a fierce battle for the 1st spot last year.

transfer rumors on moto gp.
rossi to ducati(was hoping for that. he started the rumor himself in 2007)
casey stoner to honda repsol.
spies to fiat yamaha( was hoping for that)

Home of Barca Fans