Handball

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Handball World Championship is being played in Croatia

Favorites: France, Croatia, Denmark, Germany...

Croatia is beating Spain atm. If Barca beats Asspanyol tonight it`ll be a perfect evening for me!

M.L. King

The Preacher
All I know about this championship is the dispute between HTV and some other television company for rights regarding the broadcast. Real shame... a lot of people doesn't even know the world championship is actually occurring.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed! And he`s only 20. About Barca connection... We had players from Zagreb playing in Barcelona. One of the best was Patrik Cavar. Former best player of the world. Lately however Barca has been overshadowed by Portland San Antonio and Ciudad Real.

World Cup: Croatia and France look certain for the semis. From the other group it`s Denmark and Sweden probably...

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Agreed! And he`s only 20. About Barca connection... We had players from Zagreb playing in Barcelona. One of the best was Patrik Cavar. Former best player of the world. Lately however Barca has been overshadowed by Portland San Antonio and Ciudad Real.

World Cup: Croatia and France look certain for the semis. From the other group it`s Denmark and Sweden probably...
:rolleyes:
From other group its Norway probably and then Denmark and Germany will decide between each other who will go to the semis. Sweden is in our group ;)

M.L. King

The Preacher
I watched Serbia-Germany last day. It is so sadly to see Croatians coming to the game supporting Germany, whistling through the Serbian anthem, burning the flags in the town centre and so many other things that don't belong to any sporting event. Plus Serbian fans weren't allowed to enter the arena; and I won't be even mentioning all the nationalistic chants present during the game. Very bad organization, a pure shame to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD07FjqBBrY:bangHead:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah mate. I agree. But you have to remember we don`t live in a vacuum World. That very same city Zadar, who hosted the game, was under siege by Serbian forces during a war and was shelled heavily. Serbia played in Porec and had no problems whatsoever, their fans even burned the Croatian flag there.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
It was terrific. If we werent whistling to the national anthem of Serbia it would be so lame. I hate them, I am a patriot. I know it is time to grow up, and start to act as a cultured man, but i won`t. btw. The only flag that was burned is croatian flag and i am pretty much sure that the Serbs burned it. They came here to make troubles and we almost did nothing to stop them. They were not allowed to enter the arena because of the safety. I hope you understand that there would be lots of fighting and other stuff if they entered. Organization is so far terrific. Everybody is praising it, and i am pretty much sure that you are one exception that thinks that this is a shame.
Now we are winning against France so we are playing against Poland in semis, and then France or Denmark in final.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Germany almost gone through but Norwegians took their goalie out and Poles scored a goal from their own half.
We beat France today and I think we`ll see them again in the final. My friend got tickets for it early and I`m so pissed I missed the opportunity

M.L. King

The Preacher
It was terrific. If we weren't whistling to the national anthem of Serbia it would be so lame. I hate them, I am a patriot. I know it is time to grow up, and start to act as a cultured man, but i won`t. BTW. The only flag that was burned is Croatian flag and i am pretty much sure that the Serbs burned it.

That kind of attitude won't serve you well now and in the future. I won't even bother replying to this... :confused01:

Brings back memories of the water polo final in Kranj when Croatia lost against Serbia; and Croatians prolonged their staying, rampaging and shattering shop-windows in downtown, beating even some of my friends.

Eh... advice to you my friend... stick to non-violence and you are guaranteed to avoid any problems.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
That kind of attitude won't serve you well now and in the future. I won't even bother replying to this... :confused01:

Brings back memories of the water polo final in Kranj when Croatia lost against Serbia; and Croatians prolonged their staying, rampaging and shattering shop-windows in downtown, beating even some of my friends.

Eh... advice to you my friend... stick to non-violence and you are guaranteed to avoid any problems.
I didn`t mean almost any of this seriously, I was only angry because of your attitude. I am sorry but you are not looking at this competition objectively. If you don`t like just say it, you don`t have to criticize the whole organization. Go to one game, and then if you don`t like it, you can criticize it. For me, and for lots of visitors this competition is great.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
WC Semi finals:

Croatia-Poland
France-Denmark

I think it`s objective to say Croatia and France will meet in final. Poland came through luckily and Denmark will have a tough time vs. France who plays some wonderful defense and has very good goalkeepers.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Congrats :D
We played with Norway, won 25-23 but didn't play so good, if not for Alilovic, who knows what d have been ... anyhow am going to Austria for the Cro - Russia match on sathurday, so they better be good:D

kozhell

Slovenia won against Sweden, after trailing for 6 goals after HT. 25-27 was the final score...good stuff! :)

Home of Barca Fans