Handball

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
European Championship started today in Croatia. France favorites.

Croatia plays with Serbia soon, chances?

Kohe321

Really frustrating loss for Norway against France yesterday. :(

Edit: Handball is a great sport by the way. One of the few sports where the female version is great to watch as well, becoming more its own thing and not just a completely watered down version of what the men do.

Last edited:

Lutece FC

Really frustrating loss for Norway against France yesterday. :(

Edit: Handball is a great sport by the way. One of the few sports where the female version is great to watch as well, becoming more its own thing and not just a completely watered down version of what the men do.

Agree. Handball was a female sport in the begining

Nucky

Did you see that steal yesterday in Slovenia-Germany match? Those refs could be hired by La Liga.

Kohe321

Can't take handball as a serious sport with refs like that.

If poor referee decisions can disqualify a sport in general, football would be long dead.

In fact, refs in handball usually impact the game less than a refs in football do. This is because of the amount of actions in a handball game, where it usually evens out over 60 minutes and the deserving team ends up winning in the end even if there were a few poor referee decisions. Situations like this one are quite rare, and teams being robbed doesn't happen that often.

In football, one wrong offside call at 0-0 (which happens all the time) can decide a World Cup final. Linesmen in general have too much power in football, they can completely decide games and even the entire league season. That's why I can't wait for all binary rules of the game to be decided digitally, like offsides, whether or not the ball was over the goal line or out of play.

Last edited:

Messi983

Respectfully disagree. I think referees have much bigger influence in handball than in football or any other team sport.

Kohe321

Respectfully disagree. I think referees have much bigger influence in handball than in football or any other team sport.

I can see your point because there are more unclear moments that could go either way in handball. For example you often see the two refs calling an attacking foul and a defensive foul from the same action, and then having to sort out what it was.

However, after having watched handball for many years I'd say that at the end of matches the team that wins usually is the one that deserved it. It's not like football is bad in this regard though, not at all. Luckily refs for the most part do their jobs in both sports.

KiX7777

I am not watching it, I have lost faith in our team, all that corruption just like in football makes me puke. No way we are going to win against Norway and France.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Slovenia defeats Spain and still can make it to semis. Croatia with big match against France tomorrow. Was sad to see Makedonija lose. They had 4-5 goal lead. :(

Joan

France out, Spain in the finals, Arpad Sterbik, true legend :worthy:

supporting Denmark right now

Home of Barca Fans