1 - Victor Valdes

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 1 - Victor Valdes Arribas

Had a few saves. Maybe he was lucky a bit with a few shots from Recre going wide

M.L. King

The Preacher

Victor was well placed when Recre had a free-kick. It seems he is more self-confident than last years. Still he has to improve his aerial control of the ball.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

He wasn`t badly positioned at that shot. Was a few yards off the line to cut the angle. But still - a very poor reflex.
Pinto, anyone?

M.L. King

The Preacher

What was wrong with him today? Looked really distracted throughout all of the match... remember how he couldn't handle the shot in the second half, and somehow managed to deflect if with his head. C'mon what is this guy doing between our goal posts. Do I smell nepotism or what?

B

Bardh

Just looked at the highlights. Poor, poor reaction.

roll

Tryin` to be hated

Saved one shot against Sevilla. Looked unsafe as usual.. For me he is the worst part of Barca at this time. But he is a solid goalkeeper and we shouldnt spend ridiculous amount of money on buying buffon or samoone else. We should just keep him and hope he will be slightly better in the upcoming matches. ;)

Well said, roll

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Welcome to our community roll, i respect your opinion though i dissagree with it.. Valdes has been one of our most solid players this season and last night he was solid once again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

We all agree that Valdes is solid. Problem is, there aren`t any World class goalkeepers available out there. And seems to me like few years back there were more to choose from.
Statistically, we have the best defense so we can`t complain much.

Evil

Shabazz

Completly agree with Bojan. If you really think of it Valdes is the best we can get. Think of the better keepers.

Buffon - Would'nt leave Juventus
Casillas - Would'nt leave Madrid (especially for us)
Van Der Sar - He's as old as Pep Guardiola
Cech - Would cost us a fortune, and he's Chelsea No.1 so buying him would almost impossible.

These are the keepers who are clearly better than Valdes, there are other good keepers who can slightly overtake him, but it would be ridiculous to splash money on that.

Long story short - We know Valdes is'nt the best keeper in the world, but he's solid and when the correct defenders, I think our backline is just fine.

Evil

Shabazz

I mentioned there are alot of keepers who are slightly better, IMO Frey is´nt in the same League with Buffon and Casillas. He´s probably better than Valdes, but why should we pay 15-20Mil for Frey when Valdes has been solid this season.

I think we should get Sergio Asenjo, and get rid of Pinto and Jorquera. Valdes will be the number 1 keeper, and Asenjo is only 20 years old, he would'nt mind staying on the bench and putting pressure on Valdes to get a starting position.

barSELOna

Agree Valdes is ok.Remember we couldnt get Silva because of money.Actually i cant understand Laporta he paid 17 m euro for Caceres but He couldnt get Silva.Asenjo will be good goalkeeper.And he has got a buy out 5 m euro.Sell Jorquera and Pinto get Asenjo.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Don't get Asenjo yet, let him improve him game more because his buyoutclause of 5 Mill won't disspear.

Home of Barca Fans