1 - Victor Valdes

M.L. King

The Preacher
VALDES_copia.jpg

Name: V?*ctor Valdés Arribas
Position: goalkeeper
Place of birth: Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona)
Date: 14-01-1982
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 78 kg

Victor Valdes joined the colors of Barca in 1992 from Peña Cinco Copas. Quickly after becoming a new Barca member his family decided to move to Mallorca, thus separating him from Barca for three years. Then after joining Barca squad permanently he started to shine and show his immense qualities and slowly made improvements, firstly by being nominated by Barca B as a first choice goalkeeper in 2003/2004 season. He performed quite brilliantly for the reserve team which shot him up to the first team. At the beginning he was a substitute for Roberto Bonano. Shortly after he made his debut and proved to be a solid goalkeeper for Barca. He rapidly gained Rijkaard's confidence and consolidated his place as the first goalie.

Trophies:

FC Barcelona
2006/07 Spanish Supercup
2005/06 Champions League
2005/06 League
2005/06 Spanish Supercup
2004/05 League

Individual Awards
2004/05 Spanish League Zamora

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Victor Valdes Arribas

Few good interventions tonight. Wasn`t at fault at the goal. Pique should have blocked it and the shot was just perfect.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Victor Valdes Arribas

It was Victor`s 200th league game for Barcelona tonight. Nice he kept a clean sheet on his anniversary

B

Bardh

Re: 1 - Victor Valdes Arribas

Looks like the wave of improvement has carried him too. Made some very good saves and almost totally abolished his stupidities. A very good keeper to have these days.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

He is a solid keeper. It`s tough to be a goalie at FCB. Since Zubizaretta all goalkeepers struggled here

M.L. King

The Preacher

It'd be superb if we signed the Valladolid keeper.

He`s been widely hailed as a good keeper but I still think we should be happy with Valdes. When we signed Baia - he was No.1 keeper in Europe and remember how that turned out.

barSELOna

Bojan said:
He is a solid keeper. It`s tough to be a goalie at FCB. Since Zubizaretta all goalkeepers struggled here

I dont wanna remember Zubizaretta's Milan match ! He was really shit.We could get that cup.Our dreat team could be unforgotten dream team.And maybe Cruyff could be stay more

M.L. King

The Preacher

It wasn't only his fault, our defense had a dreadful match as well.

Regarding Valdes I'd agree with Bojan; he is solid but nothing more. However, we need more than solid just because of our playing style. Goalkeeper that is reliable and that can make saves on a regular bases not prone to making blunders. Valdes was very good in his first season but then his form has steeply fallen.

barSELOna

messi said:
It wasn't only his fault, our defense had a dreadful match as well.

You r right but even he had been better that match wouldnt have been 4-0

M.L. King

The Preacher

You never know mate; ok there were some dubious interventions but still it was defense that should have done a better job.

M.L. King

The Preacher

As I said I agree but you have to take in consideration who it came to those shots as well. He wasn't at his best that night, far from it; the whole team was way beyond their expectations.

Home of Barca Fans