Uruguay

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Now ranked 5th in the world.

(Too bad FIFA rankings are still atrocious..somehow Paraguay is out of the top 25 while Peru and Mexico are in)

P

PhilS

Mexico is very good now, and this should continue for a long time with their young talent. By very good, I mean they were better in the Gold Cup than all but Uruguay were in Copa America. The top European sides will have their hands full with Uruguay and Mexico in Confed Cup 2013 and WC 2014. Uruguay at 5th is not far off.

England 6th is way above their current playing strength. Paraguay and Mexico are underrated.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I thought of making an all time Uruguay XI while it's on the trend, but instead of having to research which 1930s and 50s footballers were better than each other, let's just keep it simple - Forlan + Enzo Francescoli + Schiaffino + Varela + 6 interchangable thugs.

Forlan, Schiaffino and Enzo will make it rain hell while the rest of the team scares the opponent into submission. The formation will be 3-4-3, but it won't matter, because it'll be awesome no matter what.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
:worthy: uruguay...beat ukraine today in a friendly and after conceeding a goal within like 15 seconds :lol: they came back and won 3-2......:worthy: suarez with 2 assists as lugano :D and abel win the winner late ........uruguay gotta keep building towards qualifying for the world cup...i pray lugano can still play at a high level by world cup time

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Call-up for the Russia friendly on May 25 -

•Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martín Silva (Olimpia Paraguay)

•Defenders: Diego Lugano (P.S.G), Diego Godín (Atlético de Madrid), Sebastián Coates (Liverpool), Mauricio Victorino (Cruzeiro), Martín Cáceres (Juventus), Maximiliano Pereira ( Benfíca)

•Midfielders: Álvaro González (Lazio), Egidio Arévalo Ríos ( Xolos de Tijuana), Walter Gargano (Napoli), Diego Pérez (Bologna), Sebastián Eguren (Sporting de Gijon), Álvaro Pereira (Porto), Nicolás Lodeiro (Ajax) , Cristian Rodríguez (Porto),Gastón Ramírez (Bologna)

•Strikers: Edinson Cavani (Napoli), Luís Suárez (Liverpool), Sebastián Abreu (Botafogo), Diego Forlán (Internzaionale), Abel Hernandez (Palermo), Sebastián Fernández (Málaga)

Home of Barca Fans