Uruguay

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Yeah, i really did like them long time ago, but last 10 years they became a bunch of overrated dicks full of themselves justifying that by the old glory ... my brazilian friends think the same ... not to mention they cannot stand Dunga ideas lol ... they can show their 5 times up their ass as there won't be sexta!!!

Also, they act as a kings of footie while countries more then 10 times smaller then them and with richer variety of sports dominated more ...

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Exactly!! I love Brazil and follow brazilian league, but as a national 'we r above all' team they r all i said earlier ...

XaviMessiGirl

One of the news reporters here just said "Today I became a fan of Diego Forlan". Well, took long enough but I'm glad people are finally recognizing him, especially Americans at that.

Still going to cheer on Uruguay even though it's gonna be a tough as hell matchup, multiple miracles will be needed. No Suarez + a possible unfit Lugano + playing THE NETHERLANDS = bad news :(

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Yes absolutely...but did you know that once Uruguay were part of the Brazilian Empire?

No i skipped all my history classes in life to play footy ;)

Argentina Uruguay Final is my dream.... massive rivals but love outside of direct competition

XaviMessiGirl

I'm cheering for them because I want to :lol: Anyway, I also come with possible bad news.

FIFA's disciplinary committee will meet to decide whether Uruguay striker Luis Suarez should face extra punishment for a deliberate handball on the goalline in their quarter-final against Ghana.

He will already be banned for one match but a two-game suspension - if FIFA take that course of action - could rule him out of the final should Uruguay win their semi against Netherlands.

Suarez, who was red carded, used his hands to beat out a header by Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah in Soccer City, denying the Africans a last-minute extra-time goal that would have earned them a spot in the semi-finals.

Uruguay went on to win the game 4-2 on penalties after Ghana missed the spot-kick from the Suarez infringement.

FIFA spokesman Pekka Odriozola said that following the direct red card, Suarez would sit out Uruguay's semi-final game against the Dutch in Cape Town Tuesday.

"Also the disciplinary committee opens a case for any automatic red card in any match which means the disciplinary committee will be looking at the incident and they will take a decision," Odriozola told a news briefing.

"At the moment we don't have any timing on when they (the committee) will meet to take that decision," he added.

Suarez has said he had no choice but to handle the ball and prevent the ball entering the net and does not feel any guilt about it.

Provided it will be hard enough for them to reach the final as it is, but still.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yes absolutely...but did you know that once Uruguay were part of the Brazilian Empire?
Did you know that lasted for only a couple years?

Uruguay was a battleground between Argentina and Brazil, and that's why it's independent, but outside of a Portuguese outpost at Colonia del Sacramento for 20 years at the end of the 1600's, it was mostly under Spanish and then Argentine rule until independence in 1828. Part of it was ruled by Brazil between 1825 and 1828, when Britain created Uruguay as an independent state.

To this day, Uruguay is culturally very similar to Argentina. Uruguay is basically the Canada of Argentina. :p

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Nacional leftback Diego Rodriguez passed away today after a car accident in Montevideo yesterday. He was 22.

This weekend's Uruguayan league matches are suspended. Diego Forlan dedicated his goal today to Diego Rodriguez.

Q.E.P.D. El Oreja. :(

Home of Barca Fans