Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uruguay

Alice in Wonderland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    This is the first time Uruguay has won their World Cup group since 1954.

What's next, a neo-Maracanazo?
    Hehe nice expression, but i hope Brazil won't go to the finals ...
    My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication - it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness - it is all that I have - and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well. F.K.

Els clubs són un negoci, excepte el Barça, que és un sentiment i una passió.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^Same here. They're so overconfident and talk too much as if they've won everything.

Alice in Wonderland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i really did like them long time ago, but last 10 years they became a bunch of overrated dicks full of themselves justifying that by the old glory ... my brazilian friends think the same ... not to mention they cannot stand Dunga ideas lol ... they can show their 5 times up their ass as there won't be sexta!!!

Also, they act as a kings of footie while countries more then 10 times smaller then them and with richer variety of sports dominated more ...
    Last edited by Petrinha; 23rd June 2010 at 02:09 AM.
    My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication - it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness - it is all that I have - and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well. F.K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL..... Yes indeed. Overrated clowns and they do act as if they own footy.

Alice in Wonderland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly!! I love Brazil and follow brazilian league, but as a national 'we r above all' team they r all i said earlier ...

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the news reporters here just said "Today I became a fan of Diego Forlan". Well, took long enough but I'm glad people are finally recognizing him, especially Americans at that.

Still going to cheer on Uruguay even though it's gonna be a tough as hell matchup, multiple miracles will be needed. No Suarez + a possible unfit Lugano + playing THE NETHERLANDS = bad news

High Definition Member

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you cheer on uruguay? they are just a team of hackers.

Anxiously waiting for the next match
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THey are baby argentina
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

!!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diegomessi View Post
    THey are baby argentina
    Yes absolutely...but did you know that once Uruguay were part of the Brazilian Empire?

Anxiously waiting for the next match
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalitis8 View Post
    Yes absolutely...but did you know that once Uruguay were part of the Brazilian Empire?
    No i skipped all my history classes in life to play footy

Argentina Uruguay Final is my dream.... massive rivals but love outside of direct competition
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

!!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that. Probably because I don't care.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm cheering for them because I want to Anyway, I also come with possible bad news.

FIFA's disciplinary committee will meet to decide whether Uruguay striker Luis Suarez should face extra punishment for a deliberate handball on the goalline in their quarter-final against Ghana.

He will already be banned for one match but a two-game suspension - if FIFA take that course of action - could rule him out of the final should Uruguay win their semi against Netherlands.

Suarez, who was red carded, used his hands to beat out a header by Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah in Soccer City, denying the Africans a last-minute extra-time goal that would have earned them a spot in the semi-finals.

Uruguay went on to win the game 4-2 on penalties after Ghana missed the spot-kick from the Suarez infringement.

FIFA spokesman Pekka Odriozola said that following the direct red card, Suarez would sit out Uruguay's semi-final game against the Dutch in Cape Town Tuesday.

"Also the disciplinary committee opens a case for any automatic red card in any match which means the disciplinary committee will be looking at the incident and they will take a decision," Odriozola told a news briefing.

"At the moment we don't have any timing on when they (the committee) will meet to take that decision," he added.

Suarez has said he had no choice but to handle the ball and prevent the ball entering the net and does not feel any guilt about it.
    Provided it will be hard enough for them to reach the final as it is, but still.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you know that lasted for only a couple years?

Uruguay was a battleground between Argentina and Brazil, and that's why it's independent, but outside of a Portuguese outpost at Colonia del Sacramento for 20 years at the end of the 1600's, it was mostly under Spanish and then Argentine rule until independence in 1828. Part of it was ruled by Brazil between 1825 and 1828, when Britain created Uruguay as an independent state.

To this day, Uruguay is culturally very similar to Argentina. Uruguay is basically the Canada of Argentina.
    Last edited by La Furia; 3rd July 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nacional leftback Diego Rodriguez passed away today after a car accident in Montevideo yesterday. He was 22.

This weekend's Uruguayan league matches are suspended. Diego Forlan dedicated his goal today to Diego Rodriguez.

Q.E.P.D. El Oreja.