User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93

Thread: Uruguay

  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Fiódor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gevalia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I like this team!
    They should go through to the KO stages, and not a day to soon if that happens. Post 1970 they've achieved nil in the WCs. Which is a real shame because Francescoli was sooo amazing for sooo many years (I think a few millonarios fans might agree with this).
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

  2. #17
    Yusuf Islam
    yusuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should beat out mexico in this group to reach the next round
    general gooners

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post
    and FINALLY

    there's a whole generation of whingy little metrosexual myspace kids (or, former whingy little metrosexual myspace kids) who came of age when arsene's team were in their pomp around the turn of the century. these new breed of gooners are as myopic as their manager and come out with ridiculous statements like "we don't need ashley cole, clichy is better~!!!" and have a crazy inflated view of their own players and abilities. nuts is a great example.

  3. #18
    The Reckoner
    Lemmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sussex/Cardiff
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also gonna miss the france- u r a gay match due to out summer ball

    my brothers first article for *********
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    World Cup 2010: Uruguay Will Land With 150 Kilos Of National Drink
    In preparation for a long stay in South Africa ,the South American nation will carry vast quantities of yerba mate, a refreshing hot drink consumed in massive quantities across the country.

    By Daniel Edwards
    Jun 4, 2010 4:59:00 PM
    68
    Share

    The Uruguay national team plans to bring a secret weapon to this year's World Cup... 150 kilos of mate, the hot beverage recognised as the country's national drink.

    The side have still not travelled to South Africa, and will be one of the last sides to arrive before the action kicks off on the June 11. A report from Argentine newspaper Ole has however uncovered one certain traveller: the native herb yerba mate, which is consumed in great quantities in Uruguay and Argentina mixed with hot water to form a drink similar to tea.

    The report suggests that the team will carry up to 150 kilos with them on their flight to South Africa, anticipating that the substance will be in short supply away from their homeland. A source close to the national team points out that this is enough of the drink to see them through up until July 11 - the date of the World Cup final. The celeste will have a battle on their hands if they want to progress however. Group A sees them joining France, Mexico and hosts South Africa in one of the toughest groups of the first round.



    Uruguayans are the world's biggest drinkers of mate and it is common to see people brewing the tea as they are walking down the road, on the bus or in virtually any other everyday activity. The thermos and drinking vessel used to prepare the tea are common fixtures at any Uruguay training session, and it seems that up to a month without the drink would be unthinkable.

    The Castrol Football Success Predictor however doubts the chances of Uruguay getting through their 150 kilos, with only a 6.6% chance of making the final. They do have a 60% chance of making it through their group into the second round though.
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

  4. #19
    Moderator
    XaviMessiGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    7,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FML Forlan got hurt in training... but he seems ok since he finished the session

  5. #20
    Anxiously waiting for the next match
    diegomessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Permanent State of Happiness
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmi View Post
    also gonna miss the france- u r a gay match due to out summer ball

    my brothers first article for *********
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    World Cup 2010: Uruguay Will Land With 150 Kilos Of National Drink
    In preparation for a long stay in South Africa ,the South American nation will carry vast quantities of yerba mate, a refreshing hot drink consumed in massive quantities across the country.

    By Daniel Edwards
    Jun 4, 2010 4:59:00 PM
    68
    Share

    The Uruguay national team plans to bring a secret weapon to this year's World Cup... 150 kilos of mate, the hot beverage recognised as the country's national drink.

    The side have still not travelled to South Africa, and will be one of the last sides to arrive before the action kicks off on the June 11. A report from Argentine newspaper Ole has however uncovered one certain traveller: the native herb yerba mate, which is consumed in great quantities in Uruguay and Argentina mixed with hot water to form a drink similar to tea.

    The report suggests that the team will carry up to 150 kilos with them on their flight to South Africa, anticipating that the substance will be in short supply away from their homeland. A source close to the national team points out that this is enough of the drink to see them through up until July 11 - the date of the World Cup final. The celeste will have a battle on their hands if they want to progress however. Group A sees them joining France, Mexico and hosts South Africa in one of the toughest groups of the first round.



    Uruguayans are the world's biggest drinkers of mate and it is common to see people brewing the tea as they are walking down the road, on the bus or in virtually any other everyday activity. The thermos and drinking vessel used to prepare the tea are common fixtures at any Uruguay training session, and it seems that up to a month without the drink would be unthinkable.

    The Castrol Football Success Predictor however doubts the chances of Uruguay getting through their 150 kilos, with only a 6.6% chance of making the final. They do have a 60% chance of making it through their group into the second round though.
    Uruguay Mate is rubbish nice read though
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

    !!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

  6. #21
    The Reckoner
    Lemmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sussex/Cardiff
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt all yerba mate the same?

    wasnt a mate fan, stick to the p.g tips
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

  7. #22
    Anxiously waiting for the next match
    diegomessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Permanent State of Happiness
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My english roomate used to make the tipps stuff with milk and sugar every night and i got away from Mate for a few months, but now im back i get it every morning before surgery.. its a bit like green tea is in america
    acquired taste for sure but I got barrels of it at the house
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

    !!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

  8. #23
    Legion of Doooom
    La Furia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In Exile
    Posts
    5,267
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diegomessi View Post
    Uruguay Mate is rubbish nice read though
    I thought that there really wasn't a difference (I typically buy Cruz de Malta by habit) but my roommate wanted some for herself and ended up buying Uruguayan mate...I wasn't impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmi View Post
    isnt all yerba mate the same?

    wasnt a mate fan, stick to the p.g tips
    So says someone who likes marmite

  9. #24
    Anxiously waiting for the next match
    diegomessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Permanent State of Happiness
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    I thought that there really wasn't a difference (I typically buy Cruz de Malta by habit) but my roommate wanted some for herself and ended up buying Uruguayan mate...I wasn't impressed.



    So says someone who likes marmite
    You answered your own question in one sentence
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

    !!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

  10. #25
    The Reckoner
    Lemmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sussex/Cardiff
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marmite... official advertising "you either love it or hate it"

    mine "love it or fuck off!!"
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

  11. #26
    Senior member
    beef-supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diegomessi View Post
    You answered your own question in one sentence
    Yeah, he was talking in the past tense, describing a story - as in, he used to think there wasnt a difference until he tried the Uruguayan type

  12. #27
    Moderator
    XaviMessiGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    7,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FORLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

    Congrats Uruguay on your win!

  13. #28
    Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
    10Rivaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First goal took a deflection, second goal was a dive. Third goal was nice though.

  14. #29
    Legion of Doooom
    La Furia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In Exile
    Posts
    5,267
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first time Uruguay has won their World Cup group since 1954.

    What's next, a neo-Maracanazo?

  15. #30
    Bomb Dropper
    Metaphysical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    At The Gates
    Posts
    5,138
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    This is the first time Uruguay has won their World Cup group since 1954.

    What's next, a neo-Maracanazo?
    ahem, although it was in pretoria, so I dunno if it counts, but it did the same thing!

    IMAKEMADBEATS