Uruguay

Fiódor

Oh I like this team! :)
They should go through to the KO stages, and not a day to soon if that happens. Post 1970 they've achieved nil in the WCs. Which is a real shame because Francescoli was sooo amazing for sooo many years (I think a few millonarios fans might agree with this).

Lemmi

The Reckoner
also gonna miss the france- u r a gay match due to out summer ball :(

my brothers first article for goal.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Cup 2010: Uruguay Will Land With 150 Kilos Of National Drink
In preparation for a long stay in South Africa ,the South American nation will carry vast quantities of yerba mate, a refreshing hot drink consumed in massive quantities across the country.

By Daniel Edwards
Jun 4, 2010 4:59:00 PM

The Uruguay national team plans to bring a secret weapon to this year's World Cup... 150 kilos of mate, the hot beverage recognised as the country's national drink.

The side have still not travelled to South Africa, and will be one of the last sides to arrive before the action kicks off on the June 11. A report from Argentine newspaper Ole has however uncovered one certain traveller: the native herb yerba mate, which is consumed in great quantities in Uruguay and Argentina mixed with hot water to form a drink similar to tea.

The report suggests that the team will carry up to 150 kilos with them on their flight to South Africa, anticipating that the substance will be in short supply away from their homeland. A source close to the national team points out that this is enough of the drink to see them through up until July 11 - the date of the World Cup final. The celeste will have a battle on their hands if they want to progress however. Group A sees them joining France, Mexico and hosts South Africa in one of the toughest groups of the first round.

Uruguayans are the world's biggest drinkers of mate and it is common to see people brewing the tea as they are walking down the road, on the bus or in virtually any other everyday activity. The thermos and drinking vessel used to prepare the tea are common fixtures at any Uruguay training session, and it seems that up to a month without the drink would be unthinkable.

The Castrol Football Success Predictor however doubts the chances of Uruguay getting through their 150 kilos, with only a 6.6% chance of making the final. They do have a 60% chance of making it through their group into the second round though.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
also gonna miss the france- u r a gay match due to out summer ball :(

my brothers first article for goal.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Cup 2010: Uruguay Will Land With 150 Kilos Of National Drink
In preparation for a long stay in South Africa ,the South American nation will carry vast quantities of yerba mate, a refreshing hot drink consumed in massive quantities across the country.

By Daniel Edwards
Jun 4, 2010 4:59:00 PM

The Uruguay national team plans to bring a secret weapon to this year's World Cup... 150 kilos of mate, the hot beverage recognised as the country's national drink.

The side have still not travelled to South Africa, and will be one of the last sides to arrive before the action kicks off on the June 11. A report from Argentine newspaper Ole has however uncovered one certain traveller: the native herb yerba mate, which is consumed in great quantities in Uruguay and Argentina mixed with hot water to form a drink similar to tea.

The report suggests that the team will carry up to 150 kilos with them on their flight to South Africa, anticipating that the substance will be in short supply away from their homeland. A source close to the national team points out that this is enough of the drink to see them through up until July 11 - the date of the World Cup final. The celeste will have a battle on their hands if they want to progress however. Group A sees them joining France, Mexico and hosts South Africa in one of the toughest groups of the first round.

Uruguayans are the world's biggest drinkers of mate and it is common to see people brewing the tea as they are walking down the road, on the bus or in virtually any other everyday activity. The thermos and drinking vessel used to prepare the tea are common fixtures at any Uruguay training session, and it seems that up to a month without the drink would be unthinkable.

The Castrol Football Success Predictor however doubts the chances of Uruguay getting through their 150 kilos, with only a 6.6% chance of making the final. They do have a 60% chance of making it through their group into the second round though.

Uruguay Mate is rubbish nice read though

diegomessi

My english roomate used to make the tipps stuff with milk and sugar every night and i got away from Mate for a few months, but now im back i get it every morning before surgery.. its a bit like green tea is in america
acquired taste for sure but I got barrels of it at the house

diegomessi

I thought that there really wasn't a difference (I typically buy Cruz de Malta by habit) but my roommate wanted some for herself and ended up buying Uruguayan mate...I wasn't impressed. :lol:

So says someone who likes marmite

You answered your own question in one sentence :)

Lemmi

The Reckoner
marmite... official advertising "you either love it or hate it"

mine "love it or fuck off!!"

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This is the first time Uruguay has won their World Cup group since 1954.

What's next, a neo-Maracanazo?

Home of Barca Fans