Portugal

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I don't think Jorge Mendes have power over the Portugal FA. To be fair then Portugal don't have that bad of a team, but still... they can't seem to function together because of some reason.

u gotta sleep bro

CuleLife4Life

:lol:

Honestly though, The National Teams hardly pay anything to their players, how would Jorge Mendes have authority over them one way or another :eusa_think:

Bento the dumbass chooses players who have no business on the team. Bento's agent is Mendes. Just check the squad list and find out who is a common name on there. One guess....Mendes.

Players like Ivan Cavaleiro and Andre Gomes get on the squad but Bruma can get left off and Adrien sit on the bench the entire game while the midfield is in shambles??

barcanuck

I don't think Jorge Mendes have power over the Portugal FA. To be fair then Portugal don't have that bad of a team, but still... they can't seem to function together because of some reason.

Mendes makes all the money he has alot of power. Not sure what's happening with Portugal FA but they are looking in shambles right now.

CuleLife4Life

Mendes makes all the money he has alot of power. Not sure what's happening with Portugal FA but they are looking in shambles right now.

A lot of incompetence. Paulo Bento's entire tactical system is pretty much pass to Cristiano regardless if he is injured or not. The Portuguese FA renewed his contract before the WC instead of after so even if they fire him, they'll still have to pay him.

Afer the World Cup, he said there would be a revolution. All he did was change one player smh. Players like Ricardo Costa who is 33 and play in Qatar League can come and play for Portugal? GTFO Bento smh.

Portugal has good youth players but their FA does nothing to develop them. The higher ups are too worried about looking good in the press to address the situation.

And Mendes has such an in with the FA that his players get chosen regardless of form or ability which sucks for players who actually deserve to be there.

Nani was captain today SMH! He should be the 1st person dropped. Too many older players there who shouldn't be as well like Meireles and Almeida.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Very random question, but why have Jorge Jesus never managed Portugal's NT?

Has he been offered the job and declined? @raki

raki

Very random question, but why have Jorge Jesus never managed Portugal's NT?

Has he been offered the job and declined? @raki

He´s never been offered the job. For 20 years he managed average teams. Only in 2007 he got to the 4th team in Portugal, Braga, did a good job and in 2008 went to Benfica winning 3 Leagues in 6 years.

Morten

I dont follow portugese football, have they finally found a decent striker to acompany Ronaldo and Nani, our is it still Eder or some other crappy striker they have to rely on?

Last edited:

Nucky

Portugal will be even bigger fail than England.. And I always love to see Portugal go down since the time judas Figo played..

Home of Barca Fans