Marouane Chamakh

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Chamakh has now scored in 6 champions league games in a row. This is now a record in champions league history. Just think about the amount of great players that have played in the CL. From Raul,RVN,Shevchenko and Henry. This has not been mentioned a lot in the English media. But as we know if golden boy Wayne Rooney achieved this feat then we would not hear the end of it. Amazing record for Chamakh to now hold.

not to denigrate marouane the diving greaseball, but the games in question are not what you'd call, y'know, difficult. I'd be amazed if raul, ruud or sheva played six CL games in a row as easy as the six CL games in a row chamakh has clocked in.

you are right, however, that if a bigger name player had managed it the meeja would be spooging their pants.

but I don't know if rooney's the golden boy anymore.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ah feck this, it already started. The username alone ... :lol:

Good record indeed, but it includes two games versus a team that he played at least twice for seven years in a row, Partizan, Olympiakos and Braga. I'll give you Shakhtar cause you deserve some hope.

If Rooney would have done it, he would indeed be headlined for it. Only because he has proven himself versus the big ones, because he can pull it off in important fixtures, because he has a few medals in his locker while being a key component of the team, because ... you can insert whatever he has proven.

So instead of being jealous about not getting the attention that a big player would get, how about Chamakh first proves he deserves the attention a big player should get. No one cares now, at this point Chamakh is a nobody. Nobodies don't need decoration, they need to provide proof they're not. And that doesn't happen 1) versus abovementioned teams and 2) in the CL group stages.

S

SuperSamirNasri8

Chamakh scored against Juve and Bayern last season. So he has scored against big sides. The Juve game at home was the perfect lone man performance. Also he might have played them a lot but still Lyon are a brillant team. Made the semi-finals last year. Also i am sure the likes of Raul and co would had the chance to score in 6 in a row. These guys play in top teams so they would haved had 3 lesser teams in their group. Also peak Madrid and Milan would have faced lesser sides in the last 16. Oh and he does not takes pens. I think it a top record to hold. The champions league is such a massive competiton and for Chamakh to do its pretty astounding.

If he goes 10 in a row then it will get a lot of attention. And the way RVP career's going i reckon Chamakh might do it.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It's the usual Arsenal way to build reputation and give hope how big a player he actually is. As said, sure, it's a nice record, but headlines are about the player, not the record. Litterally no bloody cow is interested in this if you are a nobody in football.

Watch him now do jack shit versus the real top teams. Well, except going down like a French pussy.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
That it is another gooner who is just going to solely post in threads of Arsenal players saying just how good they are.

Bergkamp10

That it is another gooner who is just going to solely post in threads of Arsenal players saying just how good they are.

Oh right. I see what you mean. Sorry I thought you meant the username was dumb...

Chamakh has been good for us though, dread to think where we'd be in the league if not for him. However, ideally I'd like a new striker because RvP will never be fit and Chamakh will never give you 20+ goals a season. I like him a lot though, superb backup.

T

The Horse

Says the person who has Dani Alves on their team, a bit hypocritical isn't it :lol::lol:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Alves goes down histrionically but more often than not, he goes down because there is actual contact. I'm not denying that he's a diver but Chamakh has to be one of the biggest divers I've ever seen. But you're right, every team has divers and anyone that accuses another team for diving needs to look more carefully into his own team before opening his mouth.

And yes, this is directed at Inter fans more than anyone.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
i4FkGAey54osj.gif

GOAT

Home of Barca Fans