Marouane Chamakh

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Like it

But i watched 40-50 arsenal games last season and you all seem under the impression that Bedtner is a target man...He is not, he is actually more a second striker who likes to play off a RVP or Chamakh type. Yeah he is big so we can hit the ball to him but he does prefer the ball at his feet to score.

He is like David Villa, just not as good, im sure he will get closer as he is 22 and Villa is 28. Wont ever have a record like Villa though, great signing for you's, you lucky c@nts lol

He was a target man against Barça and many of us dont watch arsenal very often (with all due respect) so maybe that is why they think that

I dont think you can really compare beendter and villa they are not alike in any way at all... it is like comparing iniesta and essien

beef-supreme

Like it

But i watched 40-50 arsenal games last season and you all seem under the impression that Bedtner is a target man...He is not, he is actually more a second striker who likes to play off a RVP or Chamakh type. Yeah he is big so we can hit the ball to him but he does prefer the ball at his feet to score.

He is like David Villa, just not as good, im sure he will get closer as he is 22 and Villa is 28. Wont ever have a record like Villa though, great signing for you's, you lucky c@nts lol

Doubt that because RVP was injured for all but 19 matches so i don't think Bendtner was able to play as a second striker.

barcaUSA

He was a target man against Barça and many of us dont watch arsenal very often (with all due respect) so maybe that is why they think that

I dont think you can really compare beendter and villa they are not alike in any way at all... it is like comparing iniesta and essien

Diego, you can compare Essien and Ini! they both scored crazy goals in last years semi...only Inis was way better! haha
This is a good signing for Arsenal just on the basis that they didnt spend anything to get him...now go get some big names Arsenal!

maxan10

SirTugAlot
both goals would have proved decisive as it stands iniesta's won it. Wenger usually knows how to mould a team based on new signings, i don't think he was a terrible buy but just quite predictable, maybe thats the kind of player he wants when feeding.. and he's on a free.

TheMessiShow

Chamakh obviously buys special gel which makes the ball bounce off his head better.

Messi doesn't need that since he does his talking with his feet.

He's a good header of the ball thats about it, i didn't think Arsenal were the type of the team to just keep hitting crosses into the box though, unless this changes a little with Chamakh

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
have you seen messi's hair lately. ill never understand how a footballer can have such bad styleconsidering the millions they have but messi is serial offender.

Bilder%5CArsenal%5Carsenal3.jpg

Co0ter

Wasn't it a mere month ago that Wenger admited that maybe his methods weren't all that Arsenal needed and that it was time to finally spend some big cash in the transfer market? Funny that his first "buy" is a FREE player that is mediocre at best. He wants to strengthen his team yet he brings in a guy that, although differen't, isn't any better than what he's already got (besides Bendtner, he sucks). Chamack isn't the strongest dribbler, he isn't going to be be making penetrating runs. What Arsenal needs is a SUPERSTAR striker to lead the team to the EPL title and being FIERCE champion's league contenders. It is really all they are missing besides a new goalkeeper, which is imperative. When their squad is healthy, they aren't missing much, especially if Nasri (after a GREAT season) and Song keep improving.

Chamakh would end up being used as CF with RVP and Arshavin (ideally) as wingers on his sides. For free, great....what they need? Absolutely not. Honestly if they dished out 70 million for Fernando Torres it would make their squad stronger than signing 2-3 new squad players ever would.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
RVP is a potential superstar, if they can keep him fit. Spending 70 million on Torres would be a naive move given the squad frailties.

beef-supreme

What Arsenal needs is a better defense, not a new striker.

They do need a better defence, but Chamakh was a good buy because he will be decent at worst in the Prem imo, and he arrived on a free. So it's not a major issue to have signed Chamakh, now they need to concentrate on the defence. As much as Arsenal fanboys hype Vermaelen, he has very poor positioning and as a result Arsenal need a defender to sweep up behind Vermaelen when he goes on his rampages. In that sense, Arsenal have their Milito, but not their Marquez.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
They do need a better defence, but Chamakh was a good buy because he will be decent at worst in the Prem imo, and he arrived on a free. So it's not a major issue to have signed Chamakh, now they need to concentrate on the defence. As much as Arsenal fanboys hype Vermaelen, he has very poor positioning and as a result Arsenal need a defender to sweep up behind Vermaelen when he goes on his rampages. In that sense, Arsenal have their Milito, but not their Marquez.

I was responding to Co0ter's comment about dishing out 70 million for Torres.

Co0ter

I don't see RVP as a center forward. He will be used best as a RW with Arshavin on the left. You need a powerhouse striker like Torres leading your line. Ideally he is exactly what you need. Vermaelen had a very decent first season. You only need to scrap Gallas and get another solid, sweeper type of CB to play alongside Vermaelen. Clichy can stay as LB and you want to scrap Sagna? Seems like you only really need another CB to me. For a strictly offtensive team whom is trying to imitate Barca I'd think the best move is to have that powerhouse forward which you need. Unless you're satisfied with Bentdner and a very subpar Chamahk.

Home of Barca Fans