Mexico

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Aguirre with his provisional squadlist...Strangely enough (Although in keeping with several managers around the globe), only 5 midfielders were included
blink.gif

Mexico squad

Goalkeepers: Óscar Pérez (Chiapas), Guillermo Ochoa (América ), Luis Ernesto Michel (Guadalajara).

Defenders: Rafael Márquez (Barcelona), Ricardo Osorio (Stuttgart), Francisco Rodríguez, Carlos Salcido (both PSV Eindhoven), Héctor Moreno (AZ Alkmaar), Paul Aguilar (Pachuca), Efraín Juárez (Pumas UNAM), Jonny Magallón (Guadalajara), Juan Carlos Valenzuela (América), Jorge Torres Nilo (Atlas), Adrian Aldrete (Morelia).

Midfielders: Andrés Guardado (Deportivo La Coruna), Jonathan dos Santos (Barcelona), Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Israel Castro (Pumas UNAM), Giovani dos Santos (Galatasaray, on loan from Tottenham).

Forwards: Pablo Barrera (Pumas UNAM), Adolfo Bautista, Alberto Medina (both Guadalajara), Cuauhtémoc Blanco (Veracruz), Carlos Vela (Arsenal), Javier Hernández (Manchester United), Guillermo Franco (West Ham).

Perhaps JDS will get some playing time for this, eh?

beef-supreme

Anxious to see Javier Hernandez and hopefully JDS! Also perhaps he will use Carlos Vela in midfield, maybe he can play ther.e

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
goooo guardado and lets see if giovani has improved since he left barca to go to a big club :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You'd think with Aguirre's time in Europe, he'd be a bit more broad minded in his selection...You'd think that, but you'd be wrong :p

Gone are the days of that lethal partnership of Nery Castillo & Guardado...Real shame

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I've been watching a lot of chivas lately (you know how I love nationalistic selection policies) and I quite like them.

so I like mexico for that reason.

plus have my man jonny.

so yeah, hope they do well.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I hope they kick France out of the WC, but I'm afraid Mexico's midfield will turn out to be too weak. They lack an experienced playmaker, and that's vital if you want to proceed to the next round.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is sad. After their brilliant display vs. England (yes it was brilliant despite the loss) there's nothing in here.
They play such a fast and technical football it's hard not to like them. I hope they go as far as possible at WC

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
javier hernandez is the mexican michael owen.

if he can get past the fact that he literally is the size of a pea, he'll be great in the PL.

but more than likely he'll get beat on by defenders twice his size for a year or two, then sold to villarreal, where he'll become one of the top strikers in world football.

beef-supreme

javier hernandez is the mexican michael owen.

if he can get past the fact that he literally is the size of a pea, he'll be great in the PL.

but more than likely he'll get beat on by defenders twice his size for a year or two, then sold to villarreal, where he'll become one of the top strikers in world football.

:lol: Great insight, and i wouldn't be surprised if it happened! Heard it here first, then.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Please tell me that's another Blanco... for the love of god tell me this is not true

I wish it wasn't who you were thinking of, but it says a lot about Mexico's young "golden generation" that Blanco is heading to yet another world cup.

Anyway in typical Mexico fashion El Tri will get knocked out of the second round.

Beast

The Observer
I wish it wasn't who you were thinking of, but it says a lot about Mexico's young "golden generation" that Blanco is heading to yet another world cup.

Anyway in typical Mexico fashion El Tri will get knocked out of the second round.

The man is finished .. they are joking

Home of Barca Fans