Mexico

Aasim

Bumbleman
Who is the number 6? i think hes captain aswell. I thought he did a decent "Xavi" and we could use him as back up.

Rafa did good aswell. Should play DM more often.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
That Blanco guy looks and runs like a Sunday League player how is he going to a World Cup ?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
That Blanco guy looks and runs like a Sunday League player how is he going to a World Cup ?

He was great..10 years ago.

It tells you how bad the current generation of Mexican strikers is that Blanco and Guille Franco have a place on the team. Of the players in their early 20s, only Ochoa and Guardado haven't been disappointments so far (JDS is still to young to judge). Rafa is going to have to show a fraction of his ability for Mexico to do anything.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the world cup campaign is gonna revolve around a weird shaped triangle of rafa, guardado and hernandez.

I have faith they can qualify though. south africa and france really are quite crap.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we discussed it somewhere else.. Disappointing stuff.
I do agree that Mexico should be safe for the next round but the opening match is with the hosts and that's always tricky.

don't see Mexico beating Uruguay or France to be honest, their massive weakness set pieces, teams will just put balls into the box and because most of their team is under 6ft their gonna struggle

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
They lack creativity, so I think Uruguay and France will go through. Still, France is not that good at the moment, but I think they'll just be a little bit better at the WC.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Aguirre is an asshat. Starting 37 year old Perez over Ochoa, not starting Guardado, stripping Rafa of the captaincy...is he serious?

Home of Barca Fans