Mexico

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
CONCACAF refs.. Two clear penalties... But shouldn't complain.. This team.. Idk. I feel like we need a creative mid. Zavala and salcido are solid but not that spark we need. guardado has been playing Defense in Valencia i feel like he forgot how to attack. Aquino did well, still new to this team.

We should have played the Olympic squad lol.but really We need Vela Jonathen and Marquez (jk on Marquez wish he was still young) but not time to panic yet. We got this.

Like your optimism.:thumbsup2:

PearLBLacK

Banned
The first half was all Mexico, absolute domination. USA parking their Greyhound, and Mexico suffering from Chicharito's inability to create chances for himself and tendency to live off the wingers/playmakers creativity. El Tri's best man was without a doubt Aquino, guy has blistering pace. GdS was good but largely ineffective.

Also, Mexico could have had two legitimate penalties. First one was off the ball with Gonzalez shoving down an on-running Chicharito (GdS was right behind with the ball). Deliberate two hand shove, should hav been a penalty and linesman did see it and waved like crazy for the foul, but the ref disregarded it. Second instance was clear as daylight, Edu hacking down Aquino from behind inside the box. It was a late challenge and maybe the ref let it go because it looked like Aquino had already shot the ball before he was brought down, but it was a clear penalty.

Mexico will feel hard done, and the US celebrate their only second point in world cup qualifying matches at the Azteca. In history. Only 2 points. Nice. Mexico on the other hand now have three successive draws, and their qualifying campaign becomes harder.

Blue Demon

Dang. We put ourselves in a hard position. Two penalty calls didn't go our way but we had many chances, yet no defining action to put it into the net, especially at the end. Credit to U.S. for playing a calm yet defensive-minded game. Chicharito didn't do well and we needed that other player to create (Marco Fabian and Peralta are injured) some chances, especially in the midfield.

Chepo has some thinking to do. Still some games left to turn it around. Standings after this round:

Panama 5pts
Costa Rica 4pts
USA 4pts
Honduras 4pts
Mexico 3pts
Jamaca 2pts

BXI Fútbol

Chepo is too stubborn to change his tactics and without a fundamental shift it will only be more of the same against teams that are playing not to lose. Mexico is too predictable always attacking down the flanks; JDS needs to be called up for the next qualifiers as he has probably the best vision of any Mexican player and is key to breaking down buses. JDS with zero club minutes is far better than Salcido or Zavala getting 90 minutes every week. Hope Vela makes it back soon as well, Mexico have the talent to be playing great attacking football but the way they play now is not at all conducive to this.

89Norcal

Mexico's u20 side is looking pretty strong in the Toulon Tournament. They just lost 1-0 to Brazil after going a man down but I think they'll have success in the U-20 World Cup later this year. Jesus Manuel Corona from CF Monterrey in particular has shown some great talent on the ball. Their ability on the attack as a whole is impressive too, very organized.

All in all, football for Mexico's NT in the future is looking very promising.

Blue Demon

Let's hope the future is promising. The kids always are good and their teams show talent. Yet something happens to them when they get to the senior level.

Needed GDS in game with Nigeria. Let's hope all goes well this week.

89Norcal

Let's hope the future is promising. The kids always are good and their teams show talent. Yet something happens to them when they get to the senior level.

Needed GDS in game with Nigeria. Let's hope all goes well this week.

Their offensive prospects are very bright. I just watched Mexico vs. Portugal and Mexico's defense has let them down massively a few times this tournament.

I've been more into the teams than the actual standings but apparently a Brazil v Colombia final is imminent so Mexico will just miss out and play for 3rd.

Blue Demon

Looks like Brasil won the Toulon tourney.

As for Mexico, I think they can take Costa Rica tomorrow. That is if they are not careful because they way they are, Costa Rica can surprise them.

A lot of talk of Chepo de la Torre getting the ax if they keep up this shape. It was frustrating against Panama. Something isn't right with them.

89Norcal

Yup Brazil won Toulon, they are the major team in that competition every time it seems. Still maintain Mexico have some bright talent for the future in their forwards and 1 or 2 midfielders. Defense was poor though.

Haven't been able to catch many CONCACAF qualifiers, I'm surprised Mexico aren't running away with 1st though. They didn't seem to click at all when the played the U.S. in Mexico.

Blue Demon

The bad thing is that I think they have to play here in the U.S. A lot of talk on Espn Deportes and BeIn stating that he might not be around if they end up in fourth.

For sure they'll be in the WC, it's their performance that is worrying me. The games against Italy and Brasil (starting this Sunday) will tell a lot.

BXI Fútbol

Yup Brazil won Toulon, they are the major team in that competition every time it seems. Still maintain Mexico have some bright talent for the future in their forwards and 1 or 2 midfielders. Defense was poor though.

Haven't been able to catch many CONCACAF qualifiers, I'm surprised Mexico aren't running away with 1st though. They didn't seem to click at all when the played the U.S. in Mexico.

It's no surprise at all when you look at the coach's extremely poor and rigid tactics and formation and the fact that he continues to call up players that last year already should have had nothing to do with the national team. It's a shame because Mexico have a ton of great talent right now but it is either not being utilized properly or not being utilized at all. I'm pretty pessimistic about the Confederations.

89Norcal

It's no surprise at all when you look at the coach's extremely poor and rigid tactics and formation and the fact that he continues to call up players that last year already should have had nothing to do with the national team. It's a shame because Mexico have a ton of great talent right now but it is either not being utilized properly or not being utilized at all. I'm pretty pessimistic about the Confederations.

Yeah that is a shame. Too much young talent to not give them a chance. I think that coincides with what Blue Demon said about players once they hit that full senior/1st choice level, they sort of plateau quickly. Got to really build this next batch of young players.

Home of Barca Fans