Mexico

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm not tied to either really but I've historically liked Mexico in football, fewer players I like from them today though...Haven't recovered from Nery Castillo going MIA, he made me a fan of El Tri...Hope it's a good match, probably going to be a crazy atmosphere

PearLBLacK

Banned
If I recall correctly the US has won only once at the Azteca, and it was a friendly. Mexico with the advantage here but the pressure might get to them especially after successive draws.

I hope Mexico wins this convincingly.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
We will win tonight. That loss vs the States at the Azteca hurt. Extra motivation. This is our stadium. We won't leave with anything else but 3 points.

BXI Fútbol

Oh man. Hope you're right. I'm still nervous though. As long as Gio is there I'll be content for the time being. ;)

Memo has been in better form than Corona this season and deserves the starting position. Gio I'm sure will wreak havoc on the defense, Mexico just need to be sure to play the ball on the ground rather than play pelotazos to take advantage of the US' lack of technical ability and not allow them to use their height. Salcido will most likely be at LB which we'll be fine as long as he stays back and doesn't try to do too much in attack, although unfortunately this may be wishful thinking.

In any case I am confident in a win for El Tri.

Pepe Silvia

We will win tonight. That loss vs the States at the Azteca hurt. Extra motivation. This is our stadium. We won't leave with anything else but 3 points.
Correction you silly goat. This is OUR stadium!!! :p

Serious question for all my Europe/SA heads, is this Mexico vs USA match a big deal for anyone outside of North America???

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Correction you silly goat. This is OUR stadium!!! :p

Serious question for all my Europe/SA heads, is this Mexico vs USA match a big deal for anyone outside of North America???

Barely :p

I swear this game had hours and days worth of pre-game coverage and so many channels/reports/articles on it because it has to do with America and so it's hugely publicized on TV

meanwhile I can barely find a good stream for Clasicos half the time, and almost all of them have Arabic commentators.

But so far from what I'm reading on the Mexico-USA match report (can't even really be bothered to watch) it seems like a pretty boring game.

Pepe Silvia

DonAndres, I hear ya. It's wildly annoying hearing about team USA. They suck (the guys) and play terrible football. I'm not Mexican but I am cheering for them on this. Plus cuz this game is being played where my Club Ámerica team plays :wub:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
CONCACAF refs.. Two clear penalties... But shouldn't complain.. This team.. Idk. I feel like we need a creative mid. Zavala and salcido are solid but not that spark we need. guardado has been playing Defense in Valencia i feel like he forgot how to attack. Aquino did well, still new to this team.

We should have played the Olympic squad lol.but really We need Vela Jonathen and Marquez (jk on Marquez wish he was still young) but not time to panic yet. We got this.

Home of Barca Fans