Joe Cole

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
evilhita with the salary joe cole is asking for there is no way he could ever become back-up for barca :p

beef-supreme

Anyway, Pedro's better, and certainly for us. Especially if we buy Cesc, Pedro will be playing a largely substitute role and we certainly wouldn't want to take that away from him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
evilhita with the salary joe cole is asking for there is no way he could ever become back-up for barca :p

You are correct... I did not think about his salary... How about Belleti then? And Ballack can go to Madrid as they are trying to become AC Milan, signing elders to sell their shirts...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Belletti iono, I don't like the idea of bringing back players that have left already, Cesc is a exception for me..

beef-supreme

We let Beletti go for a reason - he had done an honourable duty, but he was too old to play a major role in the team. He won't come back cause his Barca career is over, he finished on a high, why would you want to go down from there? He's a club legend to a large extent; if he were to come back it would be irrational. It would be like bringing Sylvinho back to play.
Belletti will always be the man, for me, who won us the Champions League final in 2006, and won us the Champions League semi-final in 2009, when he came on as a substitute, scuffed a 1-on-1 (to me it was clear he did it on purpose), which gave Barca the opportunity to counter-attack, and from that counter Iniesta scored the winning goal.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We let Beletti go for a reason - he had done an honourable duty, but he was too old to play a major role in the team. He won't come back cause his Barca career is over, he finished on a high, why would you want to go down from there? He's a club legend to a large extent; if he were to come back it would be irrational. It would be like bringing Sylvinho back to play.
Belletti will always be the man, for me, who won us the Champions League final in 2006, and won us the Champions League semi-final in 2009, when he came on as a substitute, scuffed a 1-on-1 (to me it was clear he did it on purpose), which gave Barca the opportunity to counter-attack, and from that counter Iniesta scored the winning goal.

:lol: you say our legend is not a professional!?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Now people probably know why we let Joe Cole go.

Seriously though, what the hell has happened to this fellow?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Injured Anton and is slowly trying to regain his match fitness.

I think under Kenny, Cole can be an important player for us, in our new 4-3-3 formation as he can play a variety of roles.

But it depends on him too. Does he have the desire to work his way back into the team or can he be bothered?

I would like to keep him in the squad definitely, if he wants to be here. Big if though. With our new passing system Cole is tailored made for that and his flair and craft on the ball is an asset that can be valuable for us. I mean when he is fit and focussed he is a good player and we need as decent a squad as we can get and thus I would keep him beyond this season - if he wanted to stay.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He hasn't been focused or in form for years, hence why it was no issue at all letting him join you guys for free.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You have to look at the reasons why though.

Certainly as a squad player I have no qualms with him staying, as I said for the reasons above.

Though he can be useful bargaining chip in any exchange deal we do in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans