Gareth Bale

El Gato

Villarato!
If this isn't his last injury before spring term, I doubt we will see him back in form at this club, which will hopefully lead to some sort of a James-type deal with Spurs to take him back next summer. Even Perez must be losing patience with his top signing being so unreliable and performing at a level way below what he usually requires from RM players.
Coentrao never had a problem admitting he plays like shit, because he has zero rhythm resulting from health issues, hence resulting in his multiple attempts to get the form back elsewhere. Zidane has massive sympathy for both players hampered by their health so much, but no way Bale will be capable of that...

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]
Wasn't examined yet, but it's a calf injury so probably a month tops.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I literally cannot remember a worse glass boy in recent football history :lol: Only Robben and Ribbery missed more games at this competition level, but they are like 5 years older. Maybe Reus is on par with him. Damn he's ridiculous.

El Flaco

Thomas Vermaelen maybe?

At the very least, the Belgian isn't one of the highest earners in Barca.

Which I can't say the same for Bale at RM.

El Gato

Villarato!
Here are rough numbers based on transfermarkt, data correct for 30/09/18. Club games missed since 11/12:

Coentrao - 82
Bale - 59
Robben - 102
Ribery - 116
Reus - 103

Quickly looked up Vermaelen -> 98 games

LOLS. This is arguably worse though and RM is lucky to still be playing for cups with the amount of games their key forward has missed since coming to Madrid. I think this is a dealbreaker really. I do not believe that ZZ & Perez will not go after some washed up forward this winter for at least some vague insurance.
Maybe we can sign David Villa after all :lol:

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
59 games missed actually is a lot less than it seems. recollection is hazy but it always seemed he played 3-4 games and then was out for a couple of months.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's mostly skewed by those 2 relatively injury-free seasons and they're precisely what's keeping him here, because they were the only 2 years when he was near to acceptable. His 2nd, 4th and current season in Madrid he was pretty terrible and had no continuity. Well actually he's been OK this year, for the 2 or 3 games he has played, lol.

I like the guy, he seems like a typical, fairly humble Brit footballer, a bit lazy with the language and adaptability, but he's a good guy. Just so, so terribly unlucky.

I do wonder what it'll take for them to realize extending his contract was a business shot in the foot of Kaka proportions.

BarcaOG

Banned
It's mostly skewed by those 2 relatively injury-free seasons and they're precisely what's keeping him here, because they were the only 2 years when he was near to acceptable. His 2nd, 4th and current season in Madrid he was pretty terrible and had no continuity. Well actually he's been OK this year, for the 2 or 3 games he has played, lol.

I like the guy, he seems like a typical, fairly humble Brit footballer, a bit lazy with the language and adaptability, but he's a good guy. Just so, so terribly unlucky.

I do wonder what it'll take for them to realize extending his contract was a business shot in the foot of Kaka proportions.

when did he have his contract extended?

i bet MU would like to have him

Home of Barca Fans