Gareth Bale

Jenks

They probably can't connect to the players or the commentary due to poor translation? And, once again, the content of the translation or the commentary is so poor because of their limited budget! It's a vicious circle

How is that any different to EPL games aired in non-English speaking countries? You think they're aired with English commentary? And it seems a bit of a stretch to me that foreign media outlets would cover the EPL purely because it happens to be from an English-speaking country, especially in this day and age, when language is such an irrelevance for sports broadcast of all things.

Beast

The Observer
But so far, I really appreciated Barca coming to Asia. A lot of people know a little bit more about Barca and the Spanish football instead of just relating them to diving.

Oh Barca & Real went to Asia so many times in the last 14 years... the problem is they go now for the money paid for them to play
1- the level is way below so in the pre-season it's not technically not useful as you would get better training games with Segunda sides
2- Weather
3- Time zone and travelling hours
4- you are still back to the broadcast time of la liga which is very inconvenient , for the US it's much more suitable

B

beautifulgame

Oh Barca & Real went to Asia so many times in the last 14 years... the problem is they go now for the money paid for them to play
1- the level is way below so in the pre-season it's not technically not useful as you would get better training games with Segunda sides
2- Weather
4- you are still back to the broadcast time of la liga which is very inconvenient , for the US it's much more suitable

Yup! This preseason your will likely give us disadvantage in the upcoming season. Proper preparation is pivotal, there are plenty of examples of this in seasons past.

Ursegor

World Champion
Yup! This preseason your will likely give us disadvantage in the upcoming season. Proper preparation is pivotal, there are plenty of examples of this in seasons past.

In our case pre-season is for match fitness only. Our players are playing together since World War II ended and we don't change the system (except a few tweaks here and there).

Pre-season in 08 / 09 when we won 6 out of 6 trophies: Hibernian, Dundee, Fiorentina, Guadalajara, Red Bulls, Boca Juniors
Pre-season in 10 / 11 when we won 5 out of 6 trophies: Valerenga, K-Leauge All Stars, Beijing Guoan, Milan.

B

beautifulgame

Ahh thanks U!

I was speaking in regards to fitness myself just to clarify it your historical evidence makes your point. Thanks

Duke

In our case pre-season is for match fitness only. Our players are playing together since World War II ended and we don't change the system (except a few tweaks here and there).

Pre-season in 08 / 09 when we won 6 out of 6 trophies: Hibernian, Dundee, Fiorentina, Guadalajara, Red Bulls, Boca Juniors
Pre-season in 10 / 11 when we won 5 out of 6 trophies: Valerenga, K-Leauge All Stars, Beijing Guoan, Milan.

Agreed, I think we can prepare more playing Liga games. It's not like we are competing with many teams in Liga, it's only Madrid we are competing with and the match with Madrid is in another 3 months or so.

Asia is a big market, it's good that it's part of our preseason camp.

I

instinct

Agreed, I think we can prepare more playing Liga games. It's not like we are competing with many teams in Liga, it's only Madrid we are competing with and the match with Madrid is in another 3 months or so.

Asia is a big market, it's good that it's part of our preseason camp.

Don't underrate Atletico, RS and Valencia. They could hurt us badly. RS already beat us 3-2 last season.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
RS beat us quite a lot in their stadium, but yeah, it's the games against teams like Valencia Sevilla etc that make the difference. While Madrid were dropping points and we won (some hard games btw, cesc saved ourselves against Sevilla and messi saved us in some if the others)

This led to thier implosion and our 100 point liga.

Butaan4barca

2- Weather

thats double positive. More money, and better team spirit with winning the matches. No one really wants them to play full aggressive tactical matches at the pre season. Right after long break, when they are physically not 100 %. These are just slow warmups to get all of them back on track.

Teams have been going there, and they will again. Hitting the world in all parts of the world is more important from marketing perspectives.

Bertus

What a douche.

It would be very funny if tottenham refuses to sell him, and put him in the reserve / B team to thrash him good.

I am a fan of his skills, yet i would roll on the floor about it.

Will not happen though. Tottenham has not the balls to sit on 90M and put its best player on the bench.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
if he stays then spurs now have hell of squad they even can finish in top three....
Without him please.... He's now a star and they would have to play him every match reducing the effectiveness of other players who are arguably better than him

Home of Barca Fans