Gareth Bale

El Gato

Villarato!
Looks like he's done a decent job of learning Spanish, fair play to him for that.Credit where it's due.

EDIT; I try and speak a "bit" when I go over, but the problem is when people reply.... speak so quickly ! Am soon lost :(

For one, this is not a problem with the linguistics at all. I'm sure there are tonnes of people even on this forum who speak 3 or more languages and have experience of travelling/working in different countries. I myself only speak 2 fluently in writing and spoken form, but I've travelled to Spain, France and will be going to Armenia soon. Even with absolutely elementary knowledge of the language it is possible to hold a very vague conversation, and this is at the very beginning of your tenure in a foreign country. That's despite the foreigners speaking at their normal pace. I always kill them with "slower, please" and even when in 50% of the cases I get condescending looks from them, it achieves its purpose :p

With that in mind, people have different capacities of grasping a language. Bale has probably not spoken a foreign language in his whole life and I know how Brits are in that matter (fucking useless that is, half of them using a champ excuse "I'm dyslexic"). So credit to him for trying to appear like he's learned something, which he likely has, but all in all, I doubt he can hold even a simple conversation. Probably plenty of Spanglish with the teammates in training.

And this interview is obviously pre-arranged. But hey, Madrid need a lot of positive PR about Bale right now :lol:

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Bale: "I like scoring in finals because it's the best feeling in the world."
Bale: "The supporters treat me well and playing for Real Madrid is a dream come true for me. I give my all for this shirt and these fans."
Give all my ass.

El Gato

Villarato!
Many still do. Anyone can deliver such a header. Didn't showcase too much either, it's Betis after all. But shouldn't bash him for scoring 2 and assisting so people won't complain a lot.

Morten

Many still do. Anyone can deliver such a header. Didn't showcase too much either, it's Betis after all. But shouldn't bash him for scoring 2 and assisting so people won't complain a lot.

It was Betis, yes, so my hopes still arent too high. Still, he had a good performance.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh. Basically he won't shut anyone up with a good game vs Betis. One shit performance of the offense vs a higher tier defense and it's all back. But the Betis whoopings are needed to even give hope to the players that this new Rafa system can still work.

Morten

Yh. Basically he won't shut anyone up with a good game vs Betis. One shit performance of the offense vs a higher tier defense and it's all back. But the Betis whoopings are needed to even give hope to the players that this new Rafa system can still work.

Still, confidence can work wonders. Who knows, if he build up his confidence enough against lesser teams, he might actually be dangerous against good sides again :lol:

Morten

Bale's 2nd goal vs. Real Betis

[gfy]MeatyRequiredBasil[/gfy]

Thats Bale from the spurs-days, central role, allowed a few yard to run and then just smashing it in. Teams in la liga typically gives him much less space to do that sort of thing, for good reasons. He is very deadly when he is allowed to do that.

Home of Barca Fans