Gareth Bale

EdmondDantes

I don't think he was great in his first season either. Bar that Bartra f up in the Copa and his tap in header in the CL final, he didn't do much.

Morten

I don't think he was great in his first season either. Bar that Bartra f up in the Copa and his tap in header in the CL final, he didn't do much.

He wasnt that great, up and down, but definetely had a good first season. And his big game score/assist ratio in his first season was very good i would think.

El Gato

Villarato!

His goals won titles in crunch time. That is an irrefutable fact, which matters more than another 5 or 15 goal/assist stats versus top teams.

But if we're even talking stats then those were better in 13/14 than the two guys mentioned previously anyway.

Last edited:

Galning

Not even gonna discuss Neymar vs Bale. A blind frog can see who is the better player of the two, it's not even close.

Beast

The Observer
Recent poll suggested only 7% of the fans would like to see him as an AM behind the striker.. he should be smart & avoid that position he won't cut it there.. he lacks all the natural talents for one.. on the left he could be devastating but with no dribbling skills in tight spots like Isco or cut through passes like James he will fail big time

the guy is an idiot and if he keeps pushing for that spot he will get jeered all the way back to Wales

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The only reason I am sympathetic with Bale is because he is not old. Lol. I don't care we spent what we spent, its not even my concern, this is Perez's. However, I feel for him, he came here promised by Perez that he will be a star and a player that the fans will adore enough to support him through thick and thin. However, his biggest issue is that he was always going to tip the ship out of balance, a ship that is already unbalanced in the presence of Ronaldo, and immovable object.

That left side is for Ronaldo, and no one will move him from there. Bale has no choice but to start on the right hand side. The question now becomes, can Bale bite his own ego and curb his personal ambition to balance the squad by sacrificing himself. He's done it occasionally or sparingly, so he won't succeed until Ronaldo leaves, even then it is a gamble.

Lets see what Rafa does though, he loves rotation and substitutions, so he may be a bit more responsive that Carlo.

Morten

The only reason I am sympathetic with Bale is because he is not old. Lol. I don't care we spent what we spent, its not even my concern, this is Perez's. However, I feel for him, he came here promised by Perez that he will be a star and a player that the fans will adore enough to support him through thick and thin. However, his biggest issue is that he was always going to tip the ship out of balance, a ship that is already unbalanced in the presence of Ronaldo, and immovable object.

That left side is for Ronaldo, and no one will move him from there. Bale has no choice but to start on the right hand side. The question now becomes, can Bale bite his own ego and curb his personal ambition to balance the squad by sacrificing himself. He's done it occasionally or sparingly, so he won't succeed until Ronaldo leaves, even then it is a gamble.

Lets see what Rafa does though, he loves rotation and substitutions, so he may be a bit more responsive that Carlo.

He is been equally clueless without Ronaldo on field last season, not sure if Ronaldo out means Bale magically starts to performing. Big gamble indeed.

Jenks

United have made offers for Bale, Benzema, Varane and Ramos. Looks like they're trying to throw their financial weight around and join the big boys again.

Beast

The Observer
United have made offers for Bale, Benzema, Varane and Ramos. Looks like they're trying to throw their financial weight around and join the big boys again.

United will always be one of the big boys because even when they are down they have the financial means unlike Liverpool for example

it's funny how the fans complain about us poaching their talents while they are doing the same :) .. i don't mind selling to them for the right price of course

He needs to know his limitations .. he looks more & more a bit dumb ...not the brightest minds and needs to understand RM rivals are not Israel or Iceland or whatever..

oggydude

Sources only Ramos has been a target according to reliable press, the British press link is to practically every player out there but it is BS 99% of the time.

EdmondDantes

I thought his problem at Real Madrid was that Ronaldo was holding him back and not his lack of overall quality...how is it going for him? Is it the same way when Ronaldo was out of the side for like 9 games at the turn of the year?

I for one think the 60 goal, 20 assist man carried him.

Home of Barca Fans