Gareth Bale

V

voodoomaster

Some serious butthurt in regards to Bale here on Barcaforum. He scored a CL winner and scored vs us in the Copa Del Rey final. It would be nice if Neymar stopped doing stepovers and falling over for a few minutes and provided more end product. Neymar's most important goals were the Supercup goal vs Atletico, the goal in the first Clasico, and the goal against Atletico at home in the CL final. Pretty decent but he missed a lot of other chances that could have won us titles so you guys can't talk crap about Bale when he's the one who scored a CL winner.

Neymar, stepovers, Bale, butthurt...? What is this? Neymar came to a new continent and was our best player(with valdes) the first half of the season. Were you in jail or something? He did brilliant. And he will be better. Further, please do us a favour and dont base your judgement on two or three goals. Didnt Bale miss a sitter in the finals also? He can thank ramos for not beeing the failure of the match. Dont make it sound like he beat them on his own. Ramos, pepe, modric, pepe and ronaldo were the main reasons they won. Copa goal? Well, just another episode which emphazise the main point, Bale is the usain bolt of football, hit and run style. Boring for people who enjoys FOOTBALL - something you primarly to with your legs, showing teqnique, close controll, vision - Iniesta in other words. Thats football, thats why I watch barca and not real madrid.

Paganinisrvnge

Neymar, stepovers, Bale, butthurt...? What is this? Neymar came to a new continent and was our best player(with valdes) the first half of the season. Were you in jail or something? He did brilliant. And he will be better. Further, please do us a favour and dont base your judgement on two or three goals. Didnt Bale miss a sitter in the finals also? He can thank ramos for not beeing the failure of the match. Dont make it sound like he beat them on his own. Ramos, pepe, modric, pepe and ronaldo were the main reasons they won. Copa goal? Well, just another episode which emphazise the main point, Bale is the usain bolt of football, hit and run style. Boring for people who enjoys FOOTBALL - something you primarly to with your legs, showing teqnique, close controll, vision - Iniesta in other words. Thats football, thats why I watch barca and not real madrid.

Di Maria and Ramos were why Real won the Champions League but Bale did score. Of course people want to watch football for entertainment but we also want to win things. If Neymar doesn't score more goals in the next few seasons then his price would have been WAY too much and not worth it. You win games by scoring more goals than your opponent; not by having more possession or nicer dribbles.

NotInHere

Di Maria and Ramos were why Real won the Champions League but Bale did score. Of course people want to watch football for entertainment but we also want to win things. If Neymar doesn't score more goals in the next few seasons then his price would have been WAY too much and not worth it. You win games by scoring more goals than your opponent; not by having more possession or nicer dribbles.
neymar did score 20 or so goals

But if I remember correctly his only goal that had major importance was the one against madrid. Or my memory might be short

Turson

Bale is the usain bolt of football, hit and run style. Boring for people who enjoys FOOTBALL - something you primarly to with your legs, showing teqnique, close controll, vision - Iniesta in other words. Thats football, thats why I watch barca and not real madrid.

Your view of what football is very narrow to say the least. To each his own. I find fast attacks way more enjoyable.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

Neymar is not supposed to be a 40 goal a season winger, he's supposed to be a very good all round attacking player, which he is.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I am pretty sure you considered switching sides when you,voodoomaster, saw Di Maria's foot work weave through the Atletico defense to make Bale a living legend.

V

voodoomaster

neymar did score 20 or so goals

But if I remember correctly his only goal that had major importance was the one against madrid. Or my memory might be short

This is of course wrong, the most important goals - you score them every week through the season. Thats what gives you the title. El classico is a bit more important though, because they are the main opponent.

V

voodoomaster

I am pretty sure you considered switching sides when you,voodoomaster, saw Di Maria's foot work weave through the Atletico defense to make Bale a living legend.

Thanks, you reminded me: Di Maria is actually the only real player I really like. Your best man in 2014. Switching sides? The problem is only that I hate real madrid and I do think they play boring football. Actually, you werent that impressive in 2013/14. Lost twice against a weak barca, one loss, third in the league - lost at home against atletico. many average matches. Most definitely not a team to remember.

Turson

Thanks, you reminded me: Di Maria is actually the only real player I really like. Your best man in 2014. Switching sides? The problem is only that I hate real madrid and I do think they play boring football. Actually, you werent that impressive in 2013/14. Lost twice against a weak barca, one loss, third in the league - lost at home against atletico. many average matches. Most definitely not a team to remember.

Its not like it was few years ago when Barca was much stronger than the other teams. Nowadays strong teams are relatively close to each other, thats why Real didnt win all matches. We werent that impressive? Still strong enough to win CL and Copa Del Rey, and Im sure we will play even better football in the next year.

H

Haruko The Goon

Neymar is not supposed to be a 40 goal a season winger, he's supposed to be a very good all round attacking player, which he is.

Isn't he supposed to be the Brazilian Talisman who would lead Barca and Brazil to numerous cups and trophies through the years?

I don't think of Neymar as an "allrounder" and not even a winger.

I consider him a Striker. I may be wrong, but it seems wrong to play him wide left. He should be played in front of Messi - I don't mean in the pecking order, I mean on the pitch, Neymar CF, Messi SS.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is but that doesn't mean he should score bucket loads of goals. He plays like a ten but is best starting from the left. He isn't really a striker IMO though he can play there.

V

voodoomaster

Its not like it was few years ago when Barca was much stronger than the other teams. Nowadays strong teams are relatively close to each other, thats why Real didnt win all matches. We werent that impressive? Still strong enough to win CL and Copa Del Rey, and Im sure we will play even better football in the next year.

No sane person would compare 2010/2011 Barca with the 2013/14 edition. We had a memorable team because we outplayed the opponents in a beautiful way with homegrown players. people called it the best team of all time. I agree. You guys both some stars for 12 years and at last countered an obviously weakened Bayern to death. Helped by your centre back ramos you made your way to the final, theres nothing more more to it. Some good players, played decent and boring football and won. Soon Its forgotten. Most cl winners are forgotten. Last time you won you had frickin Zidane , now Its more like pepe, ronaldo, coentrao.....do I need to say more? Worst real team for years, really hate it.

F

Flavia

Isn't he supposed to be the Brazilian Talisman who would lead Barca and Brazil to numerous cups and trophies through the years?

I don't think of Neymar as an "allrounder" and not even a winger.

I consider him a Striker. I may be wrong, but it seems wrong to play him wide left. He should be played in front of Messi - I don't mean in the pecking order, I mean on the pitch, Neymar CF, Messi SS.

Neymar is not a CF. He always played in the left side for Santos.

Home of Barca Fans