Gareth Bale

Theconomist

Good player but a little overrated

If anything he's underrated.

They bought the PERFECT player to suit their system at his prime, he's going to play for madrid for the next 6+ years, he hasn't hit his prime yet and he's already really really good, his link up play with Ronaldo is incredible. I hate to admit it but out of the two 100m players signed this summer, we didn't de facto get the better deal, they're both (Neymar and Bale) suited to the teams they play and only time will tell how they'll get on. 13 goals 12 assists this season. The only game I saw him absolutely choke was the one against us but back then all madrid was crap, now that he's integrated in the team the only way he's going is up.

Theconomist

If anything he's underrated.

They bought the PERFECT player to suit their system at his prime, he's going to play for madrid for the next 6+ years, he hasn't hit his prime yet and he's already really really good, his link up play with Ronaldo is incredible. I hate to admit it but out of the two 100m players signed this summer, we didn't de facto get the better deal, they're both (Neymar and Bale) suited to the teams they play and only time will tell how they'll get on. 13 goals 12 assists this season. The only game I saw him absolutely choke was the one against us but back then all madrid was crap, now that he's integrated in the team the only way he's going is up.

make that 14

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
We will see what he does against parked buses, against teams that deprive us of possession, and against teams that will physically torture him. He is unplayable in space, man to man, on the counter and when have the ball for long stretches of the game. He is one hell of a finisher though.

H

Haruko The Goon

Bale's immense. I said in the Neymar thread prior to you guys signing him, that you should be going for Bale.
The pace, close control, cutting inwards, and shooting ability are all top top tier.
Perhaps the consistency lets him down, but he'll learn to adjust. He isn't the star man like he was at Spurs, so I doubt he'll be racking up 30+goals. However, he's extremely dangerous and a massive massive talent.

Pace+Power+Technique will always produce a lethal player.

Kerrybai

Bale's immense. I said in the Neymar thread prior to you guys signing him, that you should be going for Bale.
The pace, close control, cutting inwards, and shooting ability are all top top tier.
Perhaps the consistency lets him down, but he'll learn to adjust. He isn't the star man like he was at Spurs, so I doubt he'll be racking up 30+goals. However, he's extremely dangerous and a massive massive talent.

Pace+Power+Technique will always produce a lethal player.
Nooooo! Bale is great but he doesn't suit our style. He suits Madrid. His overall buildup play, passing etc would make a huge liability for us. He excels with space, something you dont get with Batcelona.

H

Haruko The Goon

You have 1 style.
Perhaps bale instead of Neymar would have give you another style. When the tika-taka fails, or when Messi is injured, Bale acometh.
I love Neymar, I hope he succeeds. But look at Bayern, what's their style? I can not think of it. I wouldn't know how to stop them, They capable of hitting you at all angles, and at the same time become a defensive team in an instance.

Barca are heavily reliant on Messi performing. When he gets stopped, Barca gets stopped. Yes Neymar is great, I hope he does well and improves.

But Bale would have been formidable on the left. I know I know.. Pass move.. pass move.. Pass move... goal. It's the barca way.
Imagine letting Bale have the left side for his own, and giving him 12 months to adjust to that style. You'd end up with a formidable winger/wide inferior who'd be able to join in with the tika taka, but at the same time cut inside and let fly.

He's such a well rounded attacker.

L

linetty

One better game and he's immense, capable of miracles and what-not... Schalke's defense was horrendous and terrible. They looked like a relegation-zone team, very shaky. He's good on the counter but when you have to play the ball around and keep possesion he usually disappears.

B

beautifulgame

You have 1 style.
Perhaps bale instead of Neymar would have give you another style. When the tika-taka fails, or when Messi is injured, Bale acometh.
I love Neymar, I hope he succeeds. But look at Bayern, what's their style? I can not think of it. I wouldn't know how to stop them, They capable of hitting you at all angles, and at the same time become a defensive team in an instance.

Barca are heavily reliant on Messi performing. When he gets stopped, Barca gets stopped. Yes Neymar is great, I hope he does well and improves.

But Bale would have been formidable on the left. I know I know.. Pass move.. pass move.. Pass move... goal. It's the barca way.
Imagine letting Bale have the left side for his own, and giving him 12 months to adjust to that style. You'd end up with a formidable winger/wide inferior who'd be able to join in with the tika taka, but at the same time cut inside and let fly.

Iono. Messi has been out for half of the season during our best form and played a smaller role for clasico and I can't remember now but was also out in super cup second leg?!

H

Haruko The Goon

more of my posts going missing hahahaha

Could the person PM me the reason why it's getting deleted?

CesDel

You have 1 style.

But that's the thing, how often do we play against teams that gives us space? Imo, I have seen nothing from Bale that would make me belive that he would be a succes for us. He thrives when he has alot of space, but if you remove it, he is not 1/10 of a player that he is WITH space. And at Barça he would NEVER get the space that he needs. He is like an inferior version of C.Ronaldo..

H

Haruko The Goon

but, what player is better with out space than with space? none. no player is better with out space than with.

Yeah he is like an inferior version of Ronaldo, but he's got time on his side. He is eerily similar and can always improve... lads only 24.

In his first season he's got 10 goals, and is currently 2nd in the assist table. Imagine how well he'll do when he grows in confidence and forges a better understanding with C.Ronaldo.

CesDel

but, what player is better with out space than with space? none. no player is better with out space than with.

Yeah he is like an inferior version of Ronaldo, but he's got time on his side. He is eerily similar and can always improve... lads only 24.

In his first season he's got 10 goals, and is currently 2nd in the assist table. Imagine how well he'll do when he grows in confidence and forges a better understanding with C.Ronaldo.

Him having good stat at Real Madrid doesn't mean that he we will have them at Barça, simply because of the style of play. Real Madrid are the perfect team for him because they are a counter-attacking team, we are not.

For me, there is no question about it. For Barça, Neymar was a better signing than Bale. And it's not like Neymar is that bad at counter-attacking either i.e he can give us an extra dimension..

Kerrybai

You have 1 style.

When our style fails what would he do for us? He can't dribble though 10 defenders. Bale needs space to perform... He wouldnt get space at Barca.

H

Haruko The Goon

For your styles yes. But Real have a more expansive style. While you rely far too much on Messi.
You think you're able to win a Champions League if Messi gets injured?
It's all about progession...

Picture this, Messi gets injured. Who would you rather play CF, Neymar, or Bale? (Or is this a silly question seeing that I'm on a Barca forum)

Home of Barca Fans