Gareth Bale

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Marked out the game by Steinson today.

And a bit deficient from the newly world class Bale on the defensive end, I might add as well

This is what I speak of when I refer to British media, now we're going to be treated to a commentary on each & every one of his matches as he hits peaks & valleys each week...From goat to world class, it's nonsensical

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Bale´s very good when he´s got space to run into, but when he´s denied space he´s not that good anymore. He´s good, but not world class.

F

fried chicken

Bale´s very good when he´s got space to run into, but when he´s denied space he´s not that good anymore. He´s good, but not world class.

Agreed, Bale is a very good player with great pace and stamia, but amongst the best in the world?

A good indication of just how good a player is is how they operate in limited space; fast football brain, ability to control, pass and keep possession under intense pressure.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I have said in the premier league thread, nolan is having the season of his life!

Nani is literally leading ManU.. Without Rooney, Nani is the one that scores, and assist.. I think he has 8 assists so far, which is impressive...

But Bale is much more of hardworker than all of them. Is not only the amount of goals he scored, or the amount of assists, but the work he is doing for the team... And ask any spurs fan, even before this hype, who is the most important player they have..

Thats what I'm trying to say, but people seem incapable of comprehending this.

Those who followed him before the CL games know how good he is, but those who only saw him play in the UCL will only compare him to the unjust gigantic amount of hype he's been getting from the british media. He might not be world class but I just wish people will stop pretend they have him all figured out after watching him play 2 or 3 games ...

Saying people only started talking about him after the CL games is laughable, those are people who never watch the EPL, nobody who watched it last season would not notice his exceptional performances especially in the big games eg vs Arsenal and Chelsea...

Last edited:

Robbie

funkymonkey.gif

Bergkamp10

Was exceptional vs Chelsea last season but not vs Arsenal. He scored a tap in but was not 'exceptional'. In that game the 'exceptional' spurs players were Gomes, King and Dawson because we dominated the game even with most of our first team out.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, it's just teams in the league seem to have worked him out a bit more. As Wenger said when you play against Bale, you must be intelligent and Maicon wasn't but in the league, the players he's faced have been mostly.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He is a great player but not world class. Van der Vaart is obviously Spurs best/most important player.

Pepe Silvia

He has had moments of brilliance over the last few weeks. Blowing by Maicon like that is no fluke. Laying down exceptional crosses like the ones last week are no fluke. He has speed and skill and with time may turn into a seriously good footballer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In Onouha's pocket all game. Not very good for da best winga in da world!!!!1

The hype has been excessive from the British media, largely, but I think Bale isn't necessarily deserving of too much criticism for this match...He must've won a record number of corners and Sunderland clearly tilted their defense to his side...Not to mention Sunderland were doing most of the fouling on the evening...Plus, Nedum Onuoha is a freakishly pacy defender himself

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He wasn't particulaly bad but he's been made out to be one of the best players in europe which is ridiculous after a few decent games

Pepe Silvia

I completely agree with the premature Bale-worship but decent games? You've got to be kidding. He's played some phenomenal matches over the last 2-3 weeks.

Home of Barca Fans