Gareth Bale

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why is there presentation in the stand and not on the pitch like with CR? This proves he is less of a superstar.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Wasn't the source of this stage story just one single picture that wasn't even proven to be a recent one? Not saying Bale isn't a done deal, but the length it takes to be officially announced is getting a little funny. You hear new announcement dates and speculations everyday.

Meitux

Just want Madrid to confirm the transfer, all the hype surrounding it these latest days until it happens is getting boring..

Beast

The Observer
Why is there presentation in the stand and not on the pitch like with CR? This proves he is less of a superstar.

It's both Hammy , always both box than pitch
I expect that this time he will got a little low profile to avoid pissing Cristiano

Beast

The Observer
Wasn't the source of this stage story just one single picture that wasn't even proven to be a recent one? Not saying Bale isn't a done deal, but the length it takes to be officially announced is getting a little funny. You hear new announcement dates and speculations everyday.

Levy would lose sleep if he didn't conduct business in the last day.. buying or selling.. just look at Berbatov , Modric and now Bale

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Just want Madrid to confirm the transfer, all the hype surrounding it these latest days until it happens is getting boring..

Yeah, getting on my nerves too. Almost as if they tried to top the Neymar deal hype-wise.

Levy would lose sleep if he didn't conduct business in the last day.. buying or selling.. just look at Berbatov , Modric and now Bale

True. Would be funny though if there was a last-minute cancellation, however unlikely...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It helps us actually. Neymar has had very little pressure so far, bale will have loads. Spotlight is on them. They tried to outdo us but they way they did it was poor. Now they have pressure while taking it off ourselves.

Beast

The Observer
It helps us actually. Neymar has had very little pressure so far, bale will have loads. Spotlight is on them. They tried to outdo us but they way they did it was poor. Now they have pressure while taking it off ourselves.

The club is very happy with it , it's a lot more publicity for Bale ... Marca reporting that we took the TV rights for the Charity match vs Depor on Thursday which will probably witness his first debut and we are waiting to sell the rights after we finish the signing
basic marketing rule : there is no bad publicity

Gaudi

World's gone mad, I'm engineer, producing new values so this is even worse to swallow for me. But not to be hypocrite, 57mil is to much, not just Real, world's gone mad.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
It's true though, the question will no longer be whether Messi/Neymar works out, but whether Ronaldo/Bale will. Plus, Bale will have to be the second coming of Ronaldo or better to live up to the hype and to the pricetag, taking some attention away from Neymar. That's more a problem for Bale than for Madrid, though, and definitely makes things easier for Neymar.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
In terms of football though barca come out on top, Neymar can settle without pressure unlike bale. Even with bale getting more publicity Neymar will always win the marketing battle with him, it's inevitable.

win win for Barca on all levels. We got the better player for less. Have more marketing and less pressure.

coco1247

Banned
True. It's a dumbass move on every front for RM.
However, I wouldn't pin it on Madrid. It's Levy. Guys, just go back a year or so. Remember the Modrić fiasco? He'll try to make the most out of this situation...Like he cares if there's gonna be pressure on Bale in Madrid. As long as he gets his money, he's good.

coco1247

Banned
You would do the same if you had enough of them ;)
Lol true. Sorry for winning so many trophies and having a badass golden generation back in the day. Something we'll hopefully repeat (maybe not to the extent of 5 CLs in a row, but 1 or 2 would do it for me :D ).

S7_MUFC

World's gone mad, I'm engineer, producing new values so this is even worse to swallow for me. But not to be hypocrite, 57mil is to much, not just Real, world's gone mad.
Whatever value you produce is consumed by far less consumers compared to football fans who watch the match......If people paid to watch Engineers make their design on live television we'd be talking about how new engineering firm is willing to pay 100m to get gaudi to join them........

oggydude

This another club rumor is now being reported by BBC...I'd be really pissed off if we blow £90m on Bale without signing a decent midfielder although I wouldn't be really surprised if Glazers bid £60 m just to show we have money.......Only other club who can buy him are the likes of clubs funded by Sugar daddies......................

I think United were interested but then saw how much Real were offering and backed out like a couple of weeks ago, unless the deal is 40mil + Rooney don't see us involved, or maybe Chelsea bided 40mil for Rooney and we've bided 80mil or 60mil +young or nani. I think its PSG they haven't started convincingly, or maybe City after yesterdays embarrassment, would be typical of them.

Home of Barca Fans