Jonathan Soriano

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
He's not good enough for the first team. He's doing well for the B team.... let's not forget if he didn't get injured....

He wouldn't be here now.

+ he's about 26 years old.

Pep should sell him

Marc

That statement "Years aren't so important" is useful when you speak about young 17-18 years old players trying to get in the first team. Not so much when you talk about 26 years old players that are only good enough for Rayo Vallecano or something like that.

soarq

He's not good enough for the first team. He's doing well for the B team.... let's not forget if he didn't get injured....

He wouldn't be here now.
How do you know? His preseason was great, I thought everything was indicating he will get promoted, then, he got injured. His comments about convincing Pep once again indicates he indeed was going to be promoted.

JonM

The problem is that he's over the age limit. If he plays one game with the "A team", he can't play with Barça B again this season.

Barça B isn't doing too well so it could be really risky to promote him. Is the (still low) risk of Barça B being relegated worth using him a sub here and there?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't know about risk but a big problem for B had been a lack of a goalscorer while Soriano was out

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

He wouldn't be here now.

+ he's about 26 years old.

Pep should sell him
You don't watch football outside of England so you wouldn't know anyways. Just shut up

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, MD are reporting that Soriano won't be promoted to the first team in Villa's absence due to his age & league rules with respect to continuing with B...So other B team players will fill in I guess?

Gotta say, as imperious as Barça looked against Santos, they still were lacking a proper forward to capitalize on some lovely play up high in the match

B

barcelonista

Gotta say, as imperious as Barça looked against Santos, they still were lacking a proper forward to capitalize on some lovely play up high in the match

Sanchez, Pedro, Cuenca. After the winter break, they'll be fresh and available. Especially looking forward to the Sanchez-Messi-Pedro forward line.

X

xaviniesta

the thing with soriano is that once we use him in official game, he can't no longer play in the b team, because he is over 25 already.

the other thing with him is that he is a classic '9' i can't see him playing on the wings like alexis , villa or pedro. in the preseason he played the false 9 role as he is playing in the b too.

i'm not sure if we see him this season, he just had a long injury, but if he will be promoted, i'd welcome him. he is a fantastic player and great goalscorer who deserves a chance.

Vegy

It's because they didn't play with one. Guardiola picked out a team which could pass the opponent to the death. And they succeeded with it.

I hope Soriano gets his much deserved chance in the first team. If he impresses, maybe he'll get a permanent place or it will be a great demonstration of his skill and might get a proper club to buy him.

P

PhilS

Sanchez, Pedro, Cuenca. After the winter break, they'll be fresh and available. Especially looking forward to the Sanchez-Messi-Pedro forward line.

That's more useful forwards than last year, should be enough, particularly if Adriano gets about half his minutes at forward.

F

Flavia

Going to salzburg. B team will miss him.

Barcelona will receive 0.8M for the transfer of B forward Soriano to Salzburg, plus variables depending on goals and team performances [ona]

Tw Setvalls (agent Soriano): "Total deal between Salzburg and Soriano! 3.5 seasons, tomorrow medical test. Goodbye to mates in the weekend."

Home of Barca Fans