Whom do you prefer?

• Robin van Persie

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • David Villa

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We are again being linked with both the strikers... I'd like to know whom the members consider the better choice. Please explain you choice as well :)

For me, it's gonna be RVP and it's definitely a tough choice

Villa
*Arguably the best striker in Liga
*Boasts very good understanding with the Spanish core of our team

RVP
*The most technical striker in England, IMO
*Showed he's good anywhere in the front 3 of a 4-3-3 system
*Excellent in set-pieces, be it his deliveries for free-kicks & corners or the bullet-free kicks he constantly seem to score from... This IMO would be quite valuable addition to our squad
*2 years younger than Villa and finally starting to live up to his potential
*Magical left foot, probably next to only the best player in the world... scores from some lovely long shots
*Most importantly my favorite player in England :D

TheMessiShow

I chose Villa because he will integrate seamlessly into Barca. He already is very familiar with our defense and midfield.

RVP is probably the better player, I won't deny that, but I think that Villa is less likely to be injury prone.

But really ultimately.... it depends on price

ricknattery

If the agreement with Villa involves 40 mill + Bojan + Hleb, I would go for RVP because Villa is too old for being that expensive. If Bojan part of the deal would be a cession, it might be better. But otherwise it's just too much for an striker who would be at his top for about 3 years and no ,even though it's Villa.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
RVP is a really interesting player. But regarding his injury proness i dont see how that would work out.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I voted David Villa, both RVP would most certainly be a nice transfer.
ohw much would they cost? RVP 30 Villa 45?

Vegy

We have Ibra, so why Persie? With Villa we can change our game play, have a plan C. He's also Spanish, been playing in La Liga for his whole career and is the deadliest finisher in the world. Definitely Villa.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
We have Ibra, so why Persie? With Villa we can change our game play, have a plan C. He's also Spanish, been playing in La Liga for his whole career and is the deadliest finisher in the world. Definitely Villa.
Ibra is a supporting striker. Van Persie is a target player.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Im sorry but there is no way RVP is a better player than Villa. NO CHANCE.

Villa's goalscoring record is the best in the word for 5 years. He's done it at International level and clyb level. He has also done it with a lesser Valencia side whose defense isn't great.

RVP is always injured. what if him and Iniesta get injured at the same time? We'll be screwed again.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
injury proneness is some thing that we don't have to worry about imo... many of his injuries happened from horrible tackles!! moreover arsenal fitness staff has never been that great, wonder why Wenger always has the 'injury' excuse for his team's failure!?

Him coming to Spain would drastically reduce the injuries imo. His dead-ball specialization would prove to be very handy in breaking buses... also since he's a dutch he'll slot into our system quite easily, at least easier than what people make it out to be when they want to make this probable transfer smaller compared to Villa's!!

*No, RVP is definitely not a better striker than Villa, but he's definitely more useful... I rate his set-pieces to be among the best in the world, imo better than Ronaldo

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans