Cadet A

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I came to inform you that if the rumors are correct, then you were right and I was wrong. The rumored wage he's being offered is 15k/week, which is a ridiculous sum of money for an academy player. I believe Suso and Sterling received 20k/week this year, both have played on the first team, and as mentioned before Sterling was on 300 pounds per week prior to turning 18. We are desperately in need of a RW (Downing isn't ideal) so do you think that if the rumored 15k/week is true that we could possible be planning on using him on the first team? Do you think he could be ready for that?

I would like to add that in my personal opinion he still wouldn't leave just for the money, and rather for playing time or perhaps something else. But you were entirely right, if the rumor is true, that he is going to receive a significant wage increase.

I don't think he's ready for first team football just yet, but then again Brendan Rodgers have given youngsters a lot of playing time and Canós is physically much better prepared than anyone else in our entire youth setup (perhaps with the exception of some 18 year old cb).

If the offer is of that much money (ridiculous sum) he'll most likely leave, but from what I've been told Barca seem to think he's a bit more likely to stay than the other two players that have been mentioned in the media. There's also quite a few wingers in the who are one or two years older than him, so he'd have a bit less competition at LFC.

Canós is with the Spanish u16 and scored a goal yesterday IIRC.

Anyway, I hope he stays but atleast it's not Arsenal again...

LFCTFC

I don't think he's ready for first team football just yet, but then again Brendan Rodgers have given youngsters a lot of playing time and Canós is physically much better prepared than anyone else in our entire youth setup (perhaps with the exception of some 18 year old cb).

If the offer is of that much money (ridiculous sum) he'll most likely leave, but from what I've been told Barca seem to think he's a bit more likely to stay than the other two players that have been mentioned in the media. There's also quite a few wingers in the who are one or two years older than him, so he'd have a bit less competition at LFC.

Canós is with the Spanish u16 and scored a goal yesterday IIRC.

Anyway, I hope he stays but atleast it's not Arsenal again...

It is a very ridiculous sum, but the rumor was very unreliable so hopefully its untrue.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If twitter is anything to go by he seems to be staying (retweeted messages saying he should stay because money isn't everything)...

D

Don_Andrés

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Chelsea have offered Cadet A midfielder Josimar (16) a salary of 120.000 euros a year, 10 times more than what Barcelona can offer. [marca]

Huh!

Ronnie10

Hmm...I guess most of the players would agree for that salary. Unless they have determination and believe to succeed in Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
To anyone who is a regular watcher: Does Ayoub show qualities of a hard-working box-to-box type player? Does he have stamina, does he press a lot defensively, does he run up and down the field, etc? The more I hear about him, the more I imagine that he'll be an instantly useful player for whatever barca level he plays for as he progresses.

I'll start getting more into watching youth levels next season so that I can formulate a proper opinion and see young talents who could be the future of the club. It's something I've been missing out on and have been meaning to do, but never really got around to it. I've only regularly watched the B team play and with the mess Eusebio has created, it's not the most fun to watch.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's impossible to watch the Cadete A team play unless you live in Catalonia or there's a tournament which they broadcast (haven't seen one yet), so I can only go on what I've heard by others. Supposedly Ayoub was lazy and lacked intensity earlier but has improved on it during the last year. Whether that means he's hard-working or not I don't know, but he's progressed in that regard.

D

Don_Andrés

Just seen this browsing during my lunch. It's the Mirror though!

Meanwhile, Wenger may be about to pull off an amazing raid on Barcelona by snapping up one of their prized youngsters.

The Frenchman believes he has won the race for 16-year-old defender Julio Pleguezuelo Selva and will be able sign him for a minimal compensation fee, as he has yet to sign a contract at Barca.

We revealed earlier this month that the Gunners were in pole position, ahead of Tottenham and Manchester City, to snap up the highly-promising teenager, who can play at right-back and centre-half. Iit appears Arsenal's Spanish network has done it again with a move which is certain to infuriate the Catalan giants - as it will be the FIFTH time the Gunners have raided Barcelona's famed academy.

The most successful capture was Cesc Fabregas - who has since been sold back to Barca at a massive profit for the Londoners - but they also signed Fran Merida, Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin. Selva and Ecuadorian midfielder Josimar - who is also a target for Premier League clubs - both rejected three-year deals at the Nou Camp because they feel they can get more money in England.

They are believed to have snubbed offers on a sliding scale of £10,000-a-week in the first year, rising to £12,000-a-week and then £15,000-a-week, and Selva apparently feels he has a better chance of progression at Arsenal.

The Mirror

That last statement can be nothing but BS, when you consider that Deulofeu is on 60k a year.

Home of Barca Fans