Do we Need Benzema?

Read Below

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
Xavi was good in his first season as he was now? I saw xavi live in 2000 and let me tell u he was not like he was the season before his injury and this season.

What about deco? No one had even heard of him until he was about 24.

Bojan needs time. Simple as that. Eto'o singled him out specifically in a recent interview and said he was destined for big things. He was asked which player in the current game do u admire (dont forget he could have named any player) and he chose bojy.

Barca_Ray_USA

Question isn`t formulated right. We don`t need him. In fact we don`t need any striker ATM.
Could we use Benzema? Maybe, and thats only if he should perform same/better than in Lyon. He would have to adapt form the get go and I just don`t see it happening

M

messiniesta

I've been sceptical of all this Benzema hype, but today I was frankly surprised. He was constantly terrorising our defense during the first half and was unlucky (and lucky for us) not to score. That said, I don't think he's worth the price tag Aulas will put on him. If Eto'o goes, yes, we might use him, but I'd rather get Villa who is older and more experienced, particularly in Liga. The point of mentioning his age, which would normally play against his favour, is, as has been mentioned earlier, Bojan. I think Villa would be almost guaranteed to be a success, especially given his already established National team connections with the Xavi-Iniesta midfield. He could probably give 2 or 3 seasons of his highest quality services, by which time Bojan would take over as first choice striker.
About Aguero, I am a big fan of Kun, but I doubt he would fit in. His style is too similar, and in a way negating, to Messi's, as has been seen in the Albiceleste. From what I can see, he works best with a striking partner, at the moment fellow ex-Independiente Forlán. Yes, he could form a partnership with Bojan, but not only would that make us the shortest team around, but also would have to readjust everything about the formation. So no to Kun.

maz

I walk the line
There was one point in the first half when..i cant remember who it was..perhaps mensah (?) had the ball on the edge of the box and he tried to hit it across the goal line to benzema. VV managed to get down and stop it but the movement from benzema was sublime. It reminded me of larsson. He totally sold the defender.

Whether we bring in benzema or villa is the million dollar question. I belive eto'o should leave, so we will definitely need to bring in a new CF. Villa offers something similar to what eto'o offered (not only can appear in the 6 yard box but his game relies heavily on dropping deep and helping to start attacks), while benzema is a workaholic (did u see when he won the ball in his own half last night and started an attack! Its a shame he went on to take on too much and hit the shot at one of our defenders). Benzema also drops deep (and has done to great effect many times this season) but primarily he will be a player u can expect to be on the end of balls in the box.

I completely agree about kun..he is a great player but he is not that extra option which we need. He is a slightly modified messi..of course not as good but very similar style of play.

Evil

Shabazz
I really hope we can get a target man. I was a big fan of Aguero but recentley I realized there's no way in brining Villa or Aguero, as both aren't that good with heading, plus Bojan would probably develop into the same type of player. A target man would add so much to our game. For one it would be great against teams that park the bus against us, and secondley all those crosses Alves fires into the empty box won't go to waste.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I'm more and more fond of Benzema. Will surely pay more heed to some of Lyon's matches in the remainder of the season. And I agree that we need a higher striker. Although I somehow suspect that we will go for some midge once again. I dunno, let's see if Txiki has something special in mind.

maz

I walk the line
I like last night when he hit the post...it was almost as if to say "i COULD have scored there but i chose not to because i dont want u to hate me. So i hit the post instead. Im accurate but i also love fcb".

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I am simply going to say no because we don't Need him, we could do well with him though.

Evil

Shabazz
Selo ... Pato is 18 years old, same goes for Bojan. It's normal that they don't perform on the same level as Benzema who is 21.

Evil

Shabazz
Where did I say we should get Pato ?! .. I see some guys mentioned him above, but he's just an option.

Home of Barca Fans