Most devaluated players this season

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The season is finally coming to an end, and with just under a dozen matchdays left, some players just didn't perform what was expected of them... Name the ones you think that have significantly decreased their value in the transfer market, even if they are not going to be transfered or whatever, or just name those who choked in your opinion...

5. Fernando Torres: His constant injuries and Liverpool's poor campaign make him look bad.
4. Andrés Iniesta: Injuries have ruined his season, never really got started.
3. Karim Benzema: Hailed as the next big thing, totally disappointed and never found his place in Madrid.
2. Sergio Agüero: Called to be the saviour of Atlético de Madrid, he has had a very irregular season, almost anonymous.
1. Franck Ribery: Injuries, low form, drama and sex scandals would make any serious club think twice about getting him.

Probably some teams would still pay crazy money for any of them, and maybe some of them just had bad luck, but in my opinion they are the biggest underachievers this season, name yours...

dalitis8

Banned
-Torres has been plagued by injuries but whenever he was on the pitch he scored(has the best goals to minutes ratio in the EPL)

-Iniesta went from number 1 or 2 in the world to just a useful player this season probably due to his missing of pretemporada and some injuries(we will still miss him against Inter though)Hope he rediscovers his form at the World Cup,and especially next season.

-Benzema,perfect flop.

-Aguero,some nice goals.That was it.

-Ribery,constantly injured,great player,but should we risk it?

-What about Kaka?Did nothing really good all season long except 2 great assists in the game against Xerez(something which I think does not really count)

-Phelipe Melo and Diego.Disaster for Juve.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Aguaro
Benzema
Kaka
Diego

players who were effected by injuries can be excused.

Torres
Iniesta
Aquilani
Ribery ext...

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lol: at Torres. If he is on the market then £60m is his price tag at the least.

I'd say Kaka and Diego, but I'd have Diego in a heartbeat.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
Fernando Torres - long time injuries!
Berbatov - Low form in Manchester United..Maybe in Bayern M, or Milan can do anything!
Francesko Totti - This season he's nowhere! It's not like in 2008/09!
Kaka - Long time outside,injured or players don't love it to RMA?
Raul - Until Ronaldo haven't yet come to RMA,he was the best..But now,he framing just 30 or maybe sometimes plays just for 5 minutes..
Steven Gerrard - It's not the ord Gerrard. I miss his goals,his skills. It's soo different,together with all the LFC team.

They're for my opinion the most devaluated players for this season.

Best regards,
Florent.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Diego(he's been the biggest disappointment for me), kaka(he's been disappointing but that's what I'd wished for though :D), Filipe Melo, Glen Johnson(had such huge expectations of his combination with Torres, really looked forward to it:() and to add a bit about my own club it has to be K9(definitely not Iniesta)

Aasim

Bumbleman
I was thinking Casillas...he's been off form for a large chunck of this season and the defence in front of him doesnt help him sometimes. But tbh Casillas is god so i dont think his market value has gone down.

S

Super Pippo

Mutu surely tops them all, went from amazing to worth 0 in the space of a couple of months.

Hard to see Kaka' holding his value also.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
There is a case for Zlatan as well.

Yeh I was gonna say that, especially when you consider the price we paid for him, it was always going to fall quite a bit.

You can say injuries don't count but the more injuries a player has the less teams will be prepared to pay for him. It's still a valid point. Torres will still be in demand but the combination of injuries and Liverpool's position means teams will not pay as much for him as 12 months ago for sure.

-Nas-

Benzema is the biggest one in my view.

Kaka
Ibrahimovich (2nd half of this season, 1st half he was on fire)
Aguero
Terry (since the scandal his form's been shaky, also getting found out for his handballs in the box too)
Lescott...hasn't proved he's a 20+ million pound player
Robinho

From the team I support...
Berbatov...didn't have a good first year last season, but the last few games this season his stock has really fallen.
Carrick wasn't good last season compared to his first 2 seasons which were good. However this season he's been giving the ball away too much, making defensive mistakes etc etc...

Don't think Torres, Iniesta, v. persie have gone down in value as everyone knows they're all top top players, its just injuries that have plagued them this season.

Home of Barca Fans