• El Clásico - third (06-07)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Tenerife (09-10)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Deportivo (08-09)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

zanela

We all know, Leo has scored loads of wonder goals already in his short career that it deserves a topic of its own. I wanna know what your Top 5 are?

My Top 5

Considering there are so many, picking 5 of the lot was extremely diff. But i still managed to do it. :hooray: :p

I could've picked the last season's Lyon or Osasuna which both were beautiful or even the FIFA club WC winner in the finals as it was very special and for the manner it was scored, this season's Tenerife where he just effortlessly put it in the top right corner. But i decided to go with his winner against Racing last season. Came on as a sub to score 2, the second one of which kept us at the top at the time and was also crucial in our eventual league win. Controls the ball with his chest and strikes it with his weaker foot.
@2:38
[YOUTUBE]qBQrD1z5Low[/YOUTUBE]

My personal fav and 'll always include this in all my Messi compilations. A beautiful timed chip vs Mexico in the Copa America. Looks easy but one of the difficult ones to execute.(Ray hudson will describe the goal better in the vid :party00231:)
[YOUTUBE]e5orXdWwTVg[/YOUTUBE]

The Hattrick goal vs Real Madrid. Still gives me goosebumps. The occasion, the opponents, the timing.. and his telepathic understanding with Ronnie, recieves the ball & then blitzed past 2blancos giving Iker absolutely no chance at it. :hooray:

[YOUTUBE]W1MGoMeQaMg[/YOUTUBE]

The second one against Zara this season. Sheer individual brilliance. Illustrates his determination and will to win the ball back in midfield, skips a tackle :hooray: turns the defender inside out in the box before putting it away.

[YOUTUBE]o8kDV0hh0-8[/YOUTUBE]

His individual run vs Getafe imo is still his best of his career so far. Needs no explaination. :D

[YOUTUBE]hIep5g_GeSQ[/YOUTUBE]

whats yours boys and gals? :)

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
off the top of my head, in chronological order:

vs. getafe, 06/07

[YOUTUBE]evHX50WgIk0[/YOUTUBE]

vs. malaga, 08/09

[YOUTUBE]o2KSNcEZgq0[/YOUTUBE]

@ racing, 08/09

[YOUTUBE]aLbP6z2anzc[/YOUTUBE]

vs. united, 08/09

[YOUTUBE]TVC0uoHO5xM[/YOUTUBE]

@ zaragoza, 09/10

[YOUTUBE]o8kDV0hh0-8[/YOUTUBE]

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Lyon (makes it look so simple)
[YOUTUBE]h7A8ObdNeZA[/YOUTUBE]

Malaga (see above)

Getafe (see above)

Osasuna (the way it spinned outwards and the important moment to give us the win):
[YOUTUBE]oFmiXxdGq6E[/YOUTUBE]

Deportivo (because he makes it look so simple):
[YOUTUBE]_Giny7c8pyE[/YOUTUBE]

zanela

Meta, how is the United goal in his top 5? It was a nice header but he was hardly challenged in the air. Surely, he has scored better ones.

Edit: I can't believe there is such little contribution to this topic. you guys are all sad. How hard it is to come up with 5 of the best? Not much appreciation for Leo's magic here :sad:. I mean its not like you've to look for videos. You can just mention your fav 5.

Last edited:
G

Gold Member

I think his goal v United was good too metaphysical. He had to jump quite high and to cushion the ball like that when heading isn't his strong point makes it better.

Such an important game too.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
1. Getafe
2. 2nd against zaragoza this season
3. chip against Mexico
4. Dribble against Malaga
5.3 way tie racing gol 3000/ superstrike against osasuna in the fog/ Man United Header

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Meta, how is the United goal in his top 5? It was a nice header but he was hardly challenged in the air. Surely, he has scored better ones.

a towering header (the way he hangs in the air is sooooo good) planting the ball perfectly into the far corner of the net out of the reach of vds. but in addition to the actual skill of the goal it was in the CL final, it settled the tie, and it put to bed the ridiculous notion that he can't score against the english.

a monumental goal.

diegomessi

a towering header (the way he hangs in the air is sooooo good) planting the ball perfectly into the far corner of the net out of the reach of vds. but in addition to the actual skill of the goal it was in the CL final, it settled the tie, and it put to bed the ridiculous notion that he can't score against the english.

a monumental goal.

its more the context of the gol for me shutting up the English and sealing the treble... the header was impressive however

5.Goal vs Lyon :wub:

[youtube]h7A8ObdNeZA[/youtube]

4.Goal vs Deportivo :wub:

[youtube]fdIPHuLUdpc[/youtube]

3. Goal vs Zaragoza :wub:

[youtube]o8kDV0hh0-8[/youtube]

2. Goal vs Getafe:wub:

[youtube]evHX50WgIk0[/youtube]

1. And the most important one, against Estudiantes La plata :wub:

[youtube]QhQsPYNemEo[/youtube]

diegomessi

THIS. I thought nobody posted it and I was about to post it.. good thing you did :D

also this one was forgotten;

[YOUTUBE]X70SuegSJRM[/YOUTUBE]

I WAS THINKING about this one but i think it is more luck then the skill he showed in others

Moe