RCD Espanyol de Cornella

Messi983

Pablo Machin is Asspanyol's new coach. Interesting to see how he'll do but can't really root for him while he's there. :lol:

JerseyAddict

Will they save themselves if RM doesn't gift them some points? If RM stay long enough in the race maybe they wont gift them wit easy peasy 3pts...

Messi983

Pablo Machin is Asspanyol's new coach. Interesting to see how he'll do but can't really root for him while he's there. :lol:

And he's gone. Just 5 points in 10 games. Good man. Now I can support Machin again wherever he'll go. :D

Abelardo is rumoured to become their new coach. This is a bad news imo as I think he could actually save them.

Messi983

Looks like they'll buy RDT for a fee of around 20m. If true this would beat a current club record transfer fee (12m for Mario Hermoso in 2017) for quite a lot so it's a pretty big and risky investment. But unluckily I think RDT could be exactly what they need to be saved.

TrueCule

Looks like they'll buy RDT for a fee of around 20m. If true this would beat a current club record transfer fee (12m for Mario Hermoso in 2017) for quite a lot so it's a pretty big and risky investment. But unluckily I think RDT could be exactly what they need to be saved.

Why are they buying RDT if they have Wu Lei? This transfer doesn't make any sense to me.

Messi983

Why are they buying RDT if they have Wu Lei? This transfer doesn't make any sense to me.

Well, their top scorers this season (Wu Lei, Marc Roca, Darder and Bernardo) have scored 2 goals each so it's pretty obvious they need a goal-scorer and RDT has scored 14 goals for a relagated Rayo side last season before being sold to Benfica. Abelardo also prefers 4-4-2 so he'll probably use Wu Lei as a LM with RDT and Calleri/Ferreyra upfront. They also bet on RDT having good 6 months, help them to stay in La Liga and then they can probably easy recuperate money invested in him in summer if they'll decide to do so.

RDT is not a world-beater but I think he's underrated and if given enough chances he can probably guarantee most mid/bottom-table teams in top 5 leagues 10-15 goals/season and in todays crazy market that's worth 20M.

Messi983

First home win this season against Mallorca (they only have 1 point from away games so far). RDT 4 goals in 4 games. Abelardo will save them easily as I've expected.

Messi983

Yeah, they have too good of a team to be relegated.

The same can also be said about Celta but they are currently last and I could easy see them going down much more so than Espanyol. Really don't know what's happening with them over the last two seasons.

Messi983

They've sacked Abelardo, SD Rufete will take over until the end of the season.

Well, let's hope shock effect will work and they'll draw against Madrid tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans