what is you favorite, pes or fifa

which is your favorite, PES or FIFA

• Total voters

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
FIFA has gotten dramatically better every year for a while now while PES stagnated and revived itself as a less serious game. FIFA 10 is a brilliant football sim, something I never would have thought when comparing the series even 5 years ago.

FIFA all the way.

K

King Messi

I would say having both games on PSP, I think FIFA is the better game.

However from a Barca perspective, I think PES 2010's graphics are a little more realistic.

I wasn't a fan of the way they portrayed Leo Messi in the FIFA games.

In saying that though, the gameplay on FIFA is more realistic even though players tend to dive a lot when tackled.

In a majority of cases, they dive Didier Drogba style, like they've been shot at point blank range.

The thing that does grate me with FIFA is how Rooney and Villa are given the same rating yet I have always believd Villa to be a better player.

danny10257

The thing that does grate me with FIFA is how Rooney and Villa are given the same rating yet I have always believd Villa to be a better player.

you know, what i prefer the spanish national team and the league to that of the english national team and their league, BUT rooney is better and i dont know how they get the same rating either.
:lol::lol: @ the diving like drogba!

K

King Messi

you know, what i prefer the spanish national team and the league to that of the english national team and their league, BUT rooney is better and i dont know how they get the same rating either.
:lol::lol: @ the diving like drogba!

I agree with you, mate.

Problem is in Australia we get the English league forced down our throats because that's all our media talks about when it comes to football.

Give me the La Liga any day of the week.

As I said in the new members section, I'm extremely annoyed that none of our major tv networks are showing the El Clasico this weekend :angry:

The diving is horrendous on FIFA 10.

I did a manager mode with the mighty Barca and for some stupid reason the ref on there sent Messi off for the most lightweight tackle you can imagine.

The stupid thing was I got the ball.

Some really bizarre glitches in that game.

7Skies

ATM maybe, but until this 2010 year releases, PES was miles ahead.. The problem is, they stopped developing like they shoul've, while FIFA were, so...

@7Skies, i wouldn't say it is THAT easy to dribble in PES... try the hardest mode ,it ain't easy at all...

Bro, dribbling on the hardest difficulty in PES 10 is equivalent to amateur/professional in FIFA...

The thing about the difficulty of dribbling in FIFA, is actually NOT computer reactions (although that is an external factor).

It has to do with the INHERENT difficulty in the mechanics of the dribble itself; the technical inputs required via the controller. In PES, dribbling is "easy" because the players movements are easier to control via controller INPUT. There is a larger "cushion" for error, basically.

In FIFA, it doesn't matter if you are on amateur or legendary, if you make a slight error in your input strength (how far you push the analog stick, how long you hold it, or keep it in the same position), your entire dribble fucks up.

The input required in FIFA is MUCH MORE SENSITIVE, and thus takes more practice and skill to pull off.

Beast

The Observer
I have both on PS3 , played FIFA for some time and dropped it for good
PES may be less developed in recent years compared to FIFA but it's still more catching , more addictive and less stupid compared to FIFA

there is gazillion bugs in FIFA discussed in FIFA topic in the caffe catalonia thread and i found out PES with tweaks in the ratings is far more better .. FIFA equivalent to the master league (the main thing people play offline ) is a big big failure in every aspect while the Master league has improved dramatically in every department including the official CL and Europa league

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I have both on PS3 , played FIFA for some time and dropped it for good
PES may be less developed in recent years compared to FIFA but it's still more catching , more addictive and less stupid compared to FIFA

there is gazillion bugs in FIFA discussed in FIFA topic in the caffe catalonia thread and i found out PES with tweaks in the ratings is far more better .. FIFA equivalent to the master league (the main thing people play offline ) is a big big failure in every aspect while the Master league has improved dramatically in every department including the official CL and Europa league

I have always played fifa, however tell me about this master league if you do not mind... also do they have the teams name right now? bc i bought an old PES and it had weird names i didnt know what to do.

Beast

The Observer
I have always played fifa, however tell me about this master league if you do not mind... also do they have the teams name right now? bc i bought an old PES and it had weird names i didnt know what to do.

Master league is a costumed league where you make (in the latest versions ) 3 leagues (20 each ) and one second division league (18 teams )

you compete vs everyone in your league and if your club already in Europe you will be playing in the official CL or Europa league (official licensed for both trophies ) , you have two transfer periods , you can add skills to your players through training and for money .
basically a football manager with

regarding the weird names man this is the fun part of the game you either download and option file through various fans websites which will include all the official kit for unlicensed teams and correct names/roaster or you can do them yourself .
they also give you an extra 18 slots to create teams (i have the bundesliga in them ) .. a 5 min download at the end .
unlicensed teams are not an issue on PES at all and it never was cause the freedom for editing is great u can edit almost every aspect of the players in a much easier system than FIFA

I know people who spend a month editing the entire game before they play it and than upload it for everyone

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Master league is a costumed league where you make (in the latest versions ) 3 leagues (20 each ) and one second division league (18 teams )

you compete vs everyone in your league and if your club already in Europe you will be playing in the official CL or Europa league (official licensed for both trophies ) , you have two transfer periods , you can add skills to your players through training and for money .
basically a football manager with

regarding the weird names man this is the fun part of the game you either download and option file through various fans websites which will include all the official kit for unlicensed teams and correct names/roaster or you can do them yourself .
they also give you an extra 18 slots to create teams (i have the bundesliga in them ) .. a 5 min download at the end .
unlicensed teams are not an issue on PES at all and it never was cause the freedom for editing is great u can edit almost every aspect of the players in a much easier system than FIFA

I know people who spend a month editing the entire game before they play it and than upload it for everyone

Hmm maybe i will give it a try, however i see myself spending waaay to much time on that so maybe its a bad idea Thanks Gio!

Beast

The Observer
yep PES graphics and player likeness is superior to FIFA in every single aspect
the player body models is close to real life than the toys in FIFA .
the only thing superior in terms of graphics in FIFA is the stadiums

However the gameplay is not far off from being excellent once you play it for a while and def. not as uber boring as FIFA

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Bro, dribbling on the hardest difficulty in PES 10 is equivalent to amateur/professional in FIFA...

The thing about the difficulty of dribbling in FIFA, is actually NOT computer reactions (although that is an external factor).

It has to do with the INHERENT difficulty in the mechanics of the dribble itself; the technical inputs required via the controller. In PES, dribbling is "easy" because the players movements are easier to control via controller INPUT. There is a larger "cushion" for error, basically.

In FIFA, it doesn't matter if you are on amateur or legendary, if you make a slight error in your input strength (how far you push the analog stick, how long you hold it, or keep it in the same position), your entire dribble fucks up.

The input required in FIFA is MUCH MORE SENSITIVE, and thus takes more practice and skill to pull off.

Maybe, I've never played FIFA nor PES on joystick.. I'm talking only about dribbling from a keyboard, that's the only way I've played both :)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i prefer fifa for realistic gameplay and passing BUT tackling is unrealistic and dribbling is hard, you can't take a small tough one way and then a big one the other way and go past a player even with ronaldo and messi, its way too hard.

also the tournament and manager mode are nothing on the ps2 versions like fifa 2005 or fifa 2007, its so horribly unrealistic and shitty.

be a pro seasons is great but could do with more realism and ability to play in europe, and get rid of annoying bugs such as when trying to skip those tedious subsitition movies, it registers that i called for a pass, and i lose match rating for it.

Juan03

winning eleven 6-7 were the best football games i ever played, ever since they changed name to PES it hasn't been that great. if i had to pick between PES and Fifa i would choose Pes anyday

Home of Barca Fans