João Laporta

fergus90

Yeah I love Laporta and would love it if he returned as president, but I have to realistically question how much real planning has he done bar announcing he's running. It all looks very spur of the moment, the website, the plans etc.

I'm a bit on the fence with Font, but his Si Al Futur project looks far more advanced at this point. Especially although sometimes to his own disservice all the media work he's done up until this point.

I think ultimately Laporta can always dine out on his previous achievements and charisma which means he can do half the work the others must to attract votes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Disappointed with him but was expected if we are to be honest.

There is no way he could assemble the team as he did previously.

Birdy

Man is trying to BS his way to the presidency! Outrageous!

First he name-dropped Pep - while he knew that he is never going to come back - to gain illegitimate advantage over the other candidates.
Now, that Pep signed a new contract at City, he has no more names to drop, and he delivered a speech from the textbook of any EU politician these days to mask the absence of any work on his part. Vague language of promises without any concrete detail.

Whatever you think about Font and his obsession with Xavi, he is light years ahead.
Laporta has no plan, and the only thing he can sell is nostalgia for the past.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yh so far this is pretty bad. Looks like they made this on an afternoon and called it a day.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Remember back in 2015 when he ran a half-assed campaign running on nostalgia and hoped people who hated Barto and his Board enough to get him to the finish line.

Feels like this is going to be V2 here, except he will probably have far more success since Barto resigned.

serghei

Remember back in 2015 when he ran a half-assed campaign running on nostalgia and hoped people who hated Barto and his Board enough to get him to the finish line.

Feels like this is going to be V2 here, except he will probably have far more success since Barto resigned.

Let's hope if he gives nothing, he will not get elected. We don't need just a name, we need somebody who is vigorous and has the energy to take on a huge project in a not so ideal moment.

Laporta looks tired, jaded, and disconnected from football.

Home of Barca Fans