João Laporta

Evil

Shabazz
Guardiola becoming coach was more of Cruyff´s decision than Laporta`s, but overall I agree with you, definately one of the most successful president´s in the history of the club from a footballing perspective and from a financial perspective.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
He was a prick before and during elections and should have resigned together with rest of the board. But life is funny. He gambled with Pep and won and his opposition is nowhere to be found now.
Just a proof that sometimes the logical solution isn`t always the best

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Lame duck? Not at all, he still holds all the cards and his position will be strengthened at the end of the season if we win the league and 1 or 2 other competitions. Of course he's prone to grandstanding but he's president of a La Liga club and they all are, he's made mistakes but he's also made the club stronger. Visca Laporta, visca el Barça.

Evil

Shabazz
No one can really critisize Laporta this season, he refused to step down and wanted to continue what he started despite the majority of the fans going against him. I know our success this season is mainly because of Pep and the squad we have, but again, he made the decesion to appoint him. Plus I'm sure he'll make some important signing at the end of the season to keep a good image of him. But even if he didn't, when he leaves I doubt anyone could look back and say the Laporta Era was unsuccessful.

maz

I walk the line
Definitely. Its hard to find a president of a club such as fcb (omg i actually typed "madrid" there...i need to flog myself) whose tenure will be smooth and wont run into problems. The fact is that if you take where we were at the beginning of his time at the club, and where we are when he leaves, then no matter what went on in between, we are without a doubt in a better position now. Since we are in a better position now, then its fair to say that even though there have been setbacks during his 'reign', they have been overshadowed by the succcss of the club. And in 20 years people will look back on the good things he did for the club as opposed to the bad.

shadows

Think the guy has been one of the best presidents we had..I know quite a number of Madridstas who wished they had a guy like Laporta as their president ..He has brought the club to winning ways..reduced debts...made the Barca brand popular..Its true he has made some mistakes but i think,...As maz said the good will overshadow the bad!

kiki#8

Lame duck? Not at all, he still holds all the cards and his position will be strengthened at the end of the season if we win the league and 1 or 2 other competitions. Of course he's prone to grandstanding but he's president of a La Liga club and they all are, he's made mistakes but he's also made the club stronger. Visca Laporta, visca el Barça.

Agree!

gazza

Wow ! there is some feeling's about on this emotive subject, i've read a bit about it but needless to say nowhere near enough.
Time to find out more i think.

Zqa-

Anyone know why he left the stands in that insane killing mood last night? He looked insanely pissed.

Zqa-

Okay.. I wonder whatever made him so pissed... He didn't even shake hands with the Getafe pres, just hit it away from him.

jairzinho

i hope Txiki stays somehow after Laporta leaves...

Real_Madrid_ardiendo.jpg

Home of Barca Fans