Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joan Laporta

I don`t wanna see him anymore.

Rosell made some good transfers for Barca.
    Laporta no, Rosell si!
    Cruyff:" El futbol es un juego al que se juega con el cerebro . "

I walk the line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he didnt drop his trousers at the airport lol

Anyway ive been a supporter of laporta (should that be a s'laporta? no? ok maybe not ..) since the beginning. He has lead this club superbly over the years and cemented us as the greatest club (in my totally and utterly unbiased opinion lol) of the last 5 years. Even when rijkaard was doing poorly i credit him for not being a real prick about it and firing him mid-season. I dont think he won many new fans when he hired pep, but although i was a bit curious about it to say the least, i defended his descision. I dont think anyone knew how well pep would do though..but its turning out to be a master stroke by laporta.

Forsa laporta...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laporta is a lameduck president, and prone to grand standing.

Visca el filòsof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame duck? Not at all, he still holds all the cards and his position will be strengthened at the end of the season if we win the league and 1 or 2 other competitions. Of course he's prone to grandstanding but he's president of a La Liga club and they all are, he's made mistakes but he's also made the club stronger. Visca Laporta, visca el Barça.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barça make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule Angles View Post
    Lame duck? Not at all, he still holds all the cards and his position will be strengthened at the end of the season if we win the league and 1 or 2 other competitions. Of course he's prone to grandstanding but he's president of a La Liga club and they all are, he's made mistakes but he's also made the club stronger. Visca Laporta, visca el Barça.

Agree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow ! there is some feeling's about on this emotive subject, i've read a bit about it but needless to say nowhere near enough.
    Time to find out more i think.

Shabazz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one can really critisize Laporta this season, he refused to step down and wanted to continue what he started despite the majority of the fans going against him. I know our success this season is mainly because of Pep and the squad we have, but again, he made the decesion to appoint him. Plus I'm sure he'll make some important signing at the end of the season to keep a good image of him. But even if he didn't, when he leaves I doubt anyone could look back and say the Laporta Era was unsuccessful.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

I walk the line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. Its hard to find a president of a club such as fcb (omg i actually typed "madrid" there...i need to flog myself) whose tenure will be smooth and wont run into problems. The fact is that if you take where we were at the beginning of his time at the club, and where we are when he leaves, then no matter what went on in between, we are without a doubt in a better position now. Since we are in a better position now, then its fair to say that even though there have been setbacks during his 'reign', they have been overshadowed by the succcss of the club. And in 20 years people will look back on the good things he did for the club as opposed to the bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the guy has been one of the best presidents we had..I know quite a number of Madridstas who wished they had a guy like Laporta as their president ..He has brought the club to winning ways..reduced debts...made the Barca brand popular..Its true he has made some mistakes but i think,...As maz said the good will overshadow the bad!
    "If you understand football you make substitutions during the game, if you don't you make comments after it." ~~ Stoichkov

immaculately conceived
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be sad when he leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know why he left the stands in that insane killing mood last night? He looked insanely pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zqa- View Post
    Anyone know why he left the stands in that insane killing mood last night? He looked insanely pissed.
    Maybe the awful decisions from the ref? I don't know, just speculating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zqa-
    Okay.. I wonder whatever made him so pissed... He didn't even shake hands with the Getafe pres, just hit it away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaugranaGirl View Post
    Maybe the awful decisions from the ref? I don't know, just speculating.
    I saw it on tv, that was not a great gesture from him, it was Baaddddd especially he threw out his hands on his way out expressing disdain. What a twat!!!! I thought the Espanyol president was the only one who can do such impropriety. Now I can say that he has no statesmanship whatsoever at all.

"I hear some people say he will never be able to rediscover that form, but I don't think that's correct. He needs to refocus on his game, he needs to get his mind on his game and then I have no doubt that he can be at his best again. Like Messi, he brings so much happiness to football." - Rijkaard on Ronaldinho

I walk the line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt see it, only heard it from u last night on the chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay.. I wonder whatever made him so pissed... He didn't even shake hands with the Getafe pres, just hit it away from him.