João Laporta

Xavi and Pep are obsolete, it's 2021. Their whole football philosophy is no longer relevant and tbh, it's s boring to watch. We need to get rid of Messi asap and build a team of strong and fast players, even it takes longer than we expect.

George_Costanza

It's over for Font. Laporta is winning this easily.

Victor Font has announced that he has gained 4,710 signatures.

In 2015, Laporta presented 4,807 signatures. Bartomeu, who delivered the most signatures in the last election, collected 9,093. Laporta has now collected 10,257 signatures. [cadena ser]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Jordi Farre also throwing his support behind Laporta who I think has gotten quite a bit of negative press as he is the author of the censure motion that ousted Bartomeu ultimately - so much respect for his work. After the interview in August from Leo in August, I did not imagine we'd be here at this point but it's closer now

I do not think it's a done deal because elections are always tricky but no question that >10k is impressive during a pandemic. Most telling of course is securing that of the Messi family

Mi Presidente

JamDav1982

Jordi Farre also throwing his support behind Laporta who I think has gotten quite a bit of negative press as he is the author of the censure motion that ousted Bartomeu ultimately - so much respect for his work. After the interview in August from Leo in August, I did not imagine we'd be here at this point but it's closer now

I do not think it's a done deal because elections are always tricky but no question that >10k is impressive during a pandemic. Most telling of course is securing that of the Messi family

Mi Presidente

Messi family voting for him is not telling really. It would be expected.

Dont think it points to anything about staying.

khaled_a_d

Messi family voting for him is not telling really. It would be expected.

Dont think it points to anything about staying.

I think the idea is that regular voters will think he is the one who has biggest chance to make him stay.
Goid PR for him, even if Leo doesn't stay

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn`t agree more. He`s allright when things go smooth but overall he`s just not the man for the job. Just how many of original board members since his takeover are still here? Pretty much noone except for his loyal dog Txiki and I don`t wanna even get into that subject..
His choice of Pep was just to save his own ass at the time and luckily Pep exceeded expectations and is looking good so far at the helm.

Sandro will take over sooner or later

12 years ago. :lol:

And mind you, this was common opinion. Pep really did change his legacy but Laporta was the one to take that gamble.

Richard.H

And mind you, this was common opinion. Pep really did change his legacy but Laporta was the one to take that gamble.

Just went back and checked and ya your post was 12 years ago. Good lord, I have been a member here for a long time...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Many of us warned how dangerous Sandro was going to be, him & Barto proved to even be worse than feared

A big reason why in politics you can't get enamoured by a platform or words, actions/deeds matter. Only one candidate has actually led a football club much less led it through it's most glorious period in its history

Andresito

Staff member
Victor Valdes will return to the club if Laporta wins the Presidency elections. [md]

I have no hope for Valdes as a coach. He seems extremely stubborn and very hard to work with.

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta, referring to Zidane’s comments, says that he “should make complaints before playing a game, not later on when the match isn’t going well for you”

Oh shit. Not even president yet and he’s going in.

laporta-1557310656507-1024x682.jpg

Andresito

Staff member
He can be a great GK coach though.

We don't know that. Our current GK coach De la Fuente has been at the club since 2012, and he only ever played an insignificant amount of games for the lesser Catalan clubs like Girona and Nastic.

I don't actually think it's very common that a top GK becomes a GK coach. I can't think of anyone tbh. They usually get much better jobs, just look at Zubi, Cech or Casillas.

Home of Barca Fans