João Laporta

JamDav1982

He came out with all of this last time.

All it really shows is that Real did not have their shit in order in that time and it took Peps Barcas domination and the signing of Ronaldo for that to happen.

Competing against a comparatively weak Real is not that much of a huge or clever claim to make but some will lap it up.

Barcilliant

The football landscape was different when Laporta was president. You could actually sign a superstar for reasonable price. Plus he was helped by the fact that LA Masia produced its greatest talents ever.
He should stick to banging chick's and partying.
For me Jordi Farre or even Font are better candidates.

FinBarcelonafan

The football landscape was different when Laporta was president. You could actually sign a superstar for reasonable price. Plus he was helped by the fact that LA Masia produced its greatest talents ever.
He should stick to banging chick's and partying.
For me Jordi Farre or even Font are better candidates.

Yep. I don't want to go back to memorizing the glory days. We need a new game plan. Whatever we did in the past is probably not working now. We need to adapt and evolve! This seems more of a good feel move for the history..

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta's idea is to sell Coutinho and Griezmann, making use of his connections with Mino Raiola to replace them with Erling Haaland if he becomes president of Barcelona. [cuatro]

Wow.

Richard.H

Joan Laporta's idea is to sell Coutinho and Griezmann, making use of his connections with Mino Raiola to replace them with Erling Haaland if he becomes president of Barcelona. [cuatro]

Wow.

This mofo is the only higher up in Barcelona that speaks some sense.

fergus90

:lol: And yet Font is the populist one.

:lol: anything that Font says is deemed populist for some bizarre reason by a certain sector. I’ve also read numerous times people saying he doesn’t have a plan B. I mean has anyone ever tried to be a president of anything and said my plan A might not work so I also have a plan b but still vote for me.

serghei

How is wanting Haaland a populist move?

Coutinho and Griezmann are the most criticized, and Haaland is who everybody wants. So basically, he's telling what people want to hear, and putting in some mumbo-jumbo about his "connections" to sell and to spice it up :lol:.

I don't like using some transfer rumors to get yourself elected. And some "connection" that is unverified. Doubt this guy has any agreement with Raiola. It's just a cheap smokescreen to up his chances.

Vilarrubi

Coutinho and Griezmann are the most criticized, and Haaland is who everybody wants. So basically, he's telling what people want to hear, and putting in some mumbo-jumbo about his "connections" to sell and to spice it up :lol:.

I don't like using some transfer rumors to get yourself elected. And some "connection" that is unverified. Doubt this guy has any agreement with Raiola. It's just a cheap smokescreen to up his chances.

Not saying I believe Laporta but it makes sense financially though. Wouldn’t get more than 40/50m each for Coutinho and Griezmann. That totals Halaand’s 75+ fees.

I know you want Font/Xavi but imo no way Xavi would want Haaland. He’ll try go back to Tika Taka which nowadays is more or less dead imo.

Home of Barca Fans