João Laporta

Devils

There is no action to be done. Laporta is doing what an opposition should do, to ask the opposition for actions isn't right IMO, it is those who are in charge who need to do actions
And a vote of no confidence? what does it do? more destabilizing the club by a guy who failed to get 4k votes in election? yes let's keep the same board but add more crisis into the club. great,this is an amazing thing to do.
And yeah, he should have had a better campaign, but what he is doing now is the normal thing to do, even if it doesn't satisfy people unrealistic expectations

Makes no sense. Destabilizing the club is allowing a bunch of Qataris to make fools of us and take one of our best players. Creating a movement like Benedito is doing is not destabilizing the club, it's lighting a fire under the asses of the incompetent fools who have embarrassed the club.

Do you know what Laporta's response to the whole scenario was? That our board had secretly conspired to sell Neymar because of financial reasons.

No acknowledgement of the scheme that PSG, Neymar Sr. and Neymar conducted. Apparently it was all a plan on our boards part. Laporta must be taking people for idiots these days if he actually expects anyone to buy into such political garbage.

Neeraj

He didn't help himself, but losing in elections against the guy who lead the club to treble and supported by the media in election that most voters were older people and women?
Barto was going to win no matter what was gonna happen. Laporta was the only guy who became president that wasn't supported by the media in almost 3 decades from what I've read. Their effect is just too strong in the club election, it says a lot when he leaves the club as great as it is and his enemy won by historic record.

I cannot believe that in a city like Barcelona, there is nobody who cares enough about the greatest club in the world, to run a strong, well intentioned and well funded campaign. It really does baffle me. I mean, to think of the lengths people go to, to run for governor of Shits Creek somewhere in the middle of nowhere. This is FCB!

Clockwise

Buccaneer
The reason Laporta has been reluctant to join Benedito with that motion is because he knows it'll fail and that the timing might not be right.

Once that's initiated, you have to wait a full year for it again.

Bartomeu got boo'd today among the socios. The timing may turn out to be right after all. I think the main reason for Laporta not joining Benedito is that he doesn't see anyone but himself as the potential president of the club.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
There is no action to be done. Laporta is doing what an opposition should do, to ask the opposition for actions isn't right IMO, it is those who are in charge who need to do actions

And when the people in charge are this much incompetent, with no regard but to lining their own pockets and acting as victim in all scenarios? then what? you are saying everyone should just sit and watch lest the club becomes distablized. The way i see it the club is very well destabilized. Our top players have no respect left for the board that is supposed to be leading our club. Just look at the way they treat Iniesta and how hard they had to try for Messi's renewal. It is duty of those who can do something to take action and get the club out of the mess we are in. It is the board that is actually making things complex by not stepping down even after being exposed left and right. if they had a shred of honor, they would resign.

Benedito is doing what is in club's best interest, and if we are lucky, after last season's poor out come and this fiasco of a transfer season, he will manage to secure the votes needed to push the board out.

JamDav1982

And when the people in charge are this much incompetent, with no regard but to lining their own pockets and acting as victim in all scenarios? then what? you are saying everyone should just sit and watch lest the club becomes distablized. The way i see it the club is very well destabilized. Our top players have no respect left for the board that is supposed to be leading our club. Just look at the way they treat Iniesta and how hard they had to try for Messi's renewal. It is duty of those who can do something to take action and get the club out of the mess we are in. It is the board that is actually making things complex by not stepping down even after being exposed left and right. if they had a shred of honor, they would resign.

Benedito is doing what is in club's best interest, and if we are lucky, after last season's poor out come and this fiasco of a transfer season, he will manage to secure the votes needed to push the board out.

The old 'lining there own pockets' line based on nothing.

JamDav1982

http://www.ccma.cat/tv3/alacarta/te...re-del-camp-nou-en-deu-partits/video/5676992/

Not to mention Bartomeu's company's interests in Qatar and East Asia which were the main places he was/is steering the club to get into financial deals with.

Been through that seat thing a thousand times and it was nothing to do with lining pockets and the memebers were in the wrong complaining about seats being sold as VIP hence why it went nowhere.

If you are involved in business at a certain level almost certainly will have interests in ASIA and middle east. Means nothing as they are areas heavily linked to football clubs now for financial reasons.

El Flaco

GOAL's interview with Laporta from Aug 7th regarding the state of the club and its leadership.

And yes, there's an English subtitles of this video

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Why the fuck did you half ass your campaign and roll the red carpet for the incompetent corrupt fuck to win?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Laporta:

"I'm planning to return, although I have not decided yet. I'm thinking about how we would do a good project again.”

!I do not like Bartomeu’s attitude, (he) never faces the situation and is not clear. They need to improve this.”

“In economic terms, the club has a huge, very difficult debt deal related to the new stadium."

“The ratio between wages and income is very high."

“They are leaving the club in bankruptcy and this is very dangerous.

"They manage the club through surveys, in my opinion, they do not have a model for the club.”

khaled_a_d

Laporta:

"I'm planning to return, although I have not decided yet. I'm thinking about how we would do a good project again.”

!I do not like Bartomeu’s attitude, (he) never faces the situation and is not clear. They need to improve this.”

“In economic terms, the club has a huge, very difficult debt deal related to the new stadium."

“The ratio between wages and income is very high."

“They are leaving the club in bankruptcy and this is very dangerous.

"They manage the club through surveys, in my opinion, they do not have a model for the club.”

If he doesn't have a clear plan, makes peace somehow with media and gain their support, I think he should just stay away from elections atm.
I like Laporta a lot, but last thing we need is another lazy campaign against Bartou

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will be almost 15 years since he was elected when we'll be choosing new president. Hopefully, new people will rise as contenders.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He need to stay the fuck out, period. Will just split the voters and make it harder for a new candidate. Same goes for Benedito, just give up already.

xXKonan

That half-ass campaign back in 2015, ruined whatever chance he has at being taken seriously again.

It was going to be tough since we had won the treble which gave Barto a huge advantage, but I expected Laporta to still be a good competitor, but instead, he trotted out a Campaign that relied heavily on Nostalgia and saying "Hey I'm at least not as bad as Barto and Rosell were" and talking points such as La Masia etc. And not anything that was going to swing the Socios towards him.

Would rather him just drum up support in the background for someone like Victor Font instead. We need new fresh blood.

Home of Barca Fans