João Laporta

SeloBarca

Laporta atleast did everything for the team.
Bartomeu is all about making his name in history.
Dont Think many of the players like him either.

khaled_a_d

The past is the past, Laporta will go down as an All time gr8 for Barca presidents but his time in the club is over and we should move on tbh.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]833462461470736384[/tw]
"The team is suffering, the fans are divided and La Masia's dismantled. The best thing about today is the three points."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Laporta says next Barca coach must follow Cruyff philosophy. (jibe at Lucho, approval for Koeman?)

"Cruyff is the most important person in Barcelona history."

"The club should have changed the name of Camp Nou in his honour. Johan was the inspiration, and his disciples perfected his work."
"Barcelona's next coach must follow his legacy."

"I chose [Frank] Rijkaard, Txiki Begiristain [former director of football] and Pep Guardiola because Johan told me to.
"Barcelona have been recognized, loved and admired for the best football that has ever existed because of who he [Cruyff] was."

khaled_a_d

Don't think it is a jib at Lucho,he signed him as Barca B coach and many thought he made the decision with grooming him for 1st team in mind.
Don['t know the context,may be it is just an admiration of Cruyff. I mean in less than 10 days it will be 1 year since Johan death

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Said if the elections are to be called now or the next year, he'd run. But he's not sure about 2021.

khaled_a_d

Ffs, he's becoming Barça's Hillary Clinton if he continues. He's a beaten man.

That is kind of exaggerating. I mean I don't want him but he lost only once after winning 2 times -unlike Hillary- and he is a still a big figure in the club never mind this board is taking it personal with him

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ffs, he's becoming Barça's Hillary Clinton if he continues. He's a beaten man.

Had the Democrats put up anyone else but Hillary, they might have won, or at least made it very close.

If elections are held now or in a year, no one but Laporta stand a chance again this board.

No one is going to vote for a new, unknown candidate, and a new candidate need a year at least to make himself known to all the Penyas and plan his campaign well.

Laporta with a half-assed campaign still did better than Benedito and others, and that was in a treble season.

I would want a new candidate, but people should accep the fact that right now, the club is held hostage by the Rosellistas and Laportistas.

navidjaan

Can you tell us more about him?

Yeah. I don't know Victor Font besides following him on social media and reading about in the media, but here are some of the stuff I've found:

Profile:

- Catalan and long-time Barça fan and an arch Cruyffista, obviously
- Young, succesful businessman in the media, telecom business
- CEO and co-founder of big multinational company in Dubai, Delta Partners Group
- Partly owns Catalan newspaper Diari ARA

https://www.deltapartnersgroup.com/about/our-management-team/victor-font/74

He has worked on his project for Barça, "Si Al Futur" since 2013. He wanted to run in 2016, but Bartomeu's decision to bring decisions forward to 2015 changed that.

Of 'Sí al Futur', Font emphasised that FC Barcelona "needs to change its current revenue model". He highlighted that there are only 88 companies in Catlonia with a higher turnover than the club.

"We have 400 million followers around the world," he explained. "We must be capable of selling directly to our fans. The club has to aim, in the coming years, to reach 1,000 million euros in turnover."

Proposal

He proposes a transformation of the club and also a redefining of the sports model, which he considers the club company has allowed to "sleep a little, living on its past revenues."

Font also said the club needs to be closer to their 145,000 socios on a day-to-day basis, not only when elections come around.

"We have to channel the talent of our socios and listen to ideas and proposals of the different groups that are appearing, those which are seen by the current board as enemies," he added.

His fear is that the club will fall way from its competitors (PSG, Bayern, Manchester City, Manchester United etc...) in the coming years if the right decisions are not made.

Also, he previously campaigned with Ingla during the 2010 elections which they lost.

0 victor font marc ingla barcelona.jpg

Some nice recent tweets:

[tw]870381824555581440[/tw]

[tw]869539170246676480[/tw]

[tw]868711622461751297[/tw]

[tw]868566292055437312[/tw]

[tw]868441535372775427[/tw]

[tw]867874667377381377[/tw]

[tw]867856322942967809[/tw]

Basically, his mission is to create a new, modern Barça in terms of business, based on Cruyff's footballing visions. If Pique could work with him (maybe as vice president of sports to begin with), I think it could be the start of something huge. I cannot dare to think what will happen to Barça under Bartomeu and co. once Messi is gone.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I was him, then I would present a motion of no-confidence on Monday. I suspect he already has the signatures needed, but is waiting for the right time.

This might be his biggest chance with Real Madrid repeating the CL.

Home of Barca Fans