João Laporta

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think even Pogba's public declaration would help Laporta that much. This is not 2003.
Barca were desperate for players and sporting success back then.
Even if you roll with it, Pogba's name doesn't carry the quarter of the hype Becks had back then.

JamDav1982

If Barca want Pogba they will get him regardless. It seems he long made up his mind it is where he wants to play and probably just gave his name for this election due to friendship with Abidal.

Dont like this sucking up to Raiola though. They guy was a nightmare last time when Ibra was at club and tore the likes of Guardiola and Cruyff to bits

Dealing with Raiola should be a necessary evil. Not something that is seen as a great thing.

khaled_a_d

I don't think even Pogba's public declaration would help Laporta that much. This is not 2003.
Barca were desperate for players and sporting success back then.
Even if you roll with it, Pogba's name doesn't carry the quarter of the hype Becks had back then.

Laporta was 3rd in the polls back then .right now Laporta is 2nd with 8 points disadvantage and that was 10 days ago and 24% didn't make a yet .it is easier task to pass Borto actually than he did in 2003 .
It will be an interesting week tbh

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Laporta was 3rd in the polls back then .right now Laporta is 2nd with 8 points disadvantage and that was 10 days ago and 24% didn't make a decision back then .it is easier task to pass Borto actually than he did in 2003 .
It will be an interesting week tbh

Surely all that does is back up the point that this Pogba signing wont have the same effect as Beckham claim though.

If the Beckham claim took them from third to first then I cant see this having same effect and even if Laporta wins from here he has not closed as big a gap as you said he did in 2003.

Antimadridista1

We don't need any player right now, seriously.
Laporta probably promised a LOT of money to Pogba so the latter makes an annoucement to help him become president again.

Basically, I like Laporta but the past two weeks he's been constantly criticizing Bartomeu and didn't exply enough things about his program and the future of the club if he became president once again. All this makes me reconsider my opinion.

khaled_a_d

Surely all that does is back up the point that this Pogba signing wont have the same effect as Beckham claim though.

If the Beckham claim took them from third to first then I cant see this having same effect and even if Laporta wins from here he has not closed as big a gap as you said he did in 2003.

I've never said it is .so you are right
I don't even see it as signing Pogba as a good player actually ,but everyone knew the club under barto wanted Pogba and Laporta being the one who close the deal will be advertized as "being the man who can close the deal" ,put more hype in Abidal as sporting director .etc .that will be good move from Laporta side .
Though all of that is hypothetical so far

JamDav1982

I've never said it is .so you are right
I don't even see it as signing Pogba as a good player actually ,but everyone knew the club under barto wanted Pogba and Laporta being the one who close the deal will be advertized as "being the man who can close the deal" ,put more hype in Abidal as sporting director .etc .that will be good move from Laporta side .
Though all of that is hypothetical so far

Depends how it comes across. If too much money has been thrown at Pogba for fee and wages then people will doubt that it couldnt have been done cheaper.

Would guess most people realise there would be a strong chance of Pogba coming next summer regardless of who is President.

khaled_a_d

Depends how it comes across. If too much money has been thrown at Pogba for fee and wages then people will doubt that it couldnt have been done cheaper.

Would guess most people realise there would be a strong chance of Pogba coming next summer regardless of who is President.

Highly doubt fee will be announced .even the current board announced every deal with undisclosed fee .a candidate will have every reason not to announce the fee

JamDav1982

Highly doubt fee will be announced .even the current board announced every deal with undisclosed fee .a candidate will have every reason not to announce the fee

The fees for almost every signing at the club are widely known.

If people ask for the fee and wages agreed and he doesnt say then can only work against him surely.

Chong Li

I wonder who that mysterious asian sponsor would be. And they will put UNICEF back on the shirt?

Don't care about Pogba or any other promised signings.

khaled_a_d

The fees for almost every signing at the club are widely known.

If people ask for the fee and wages agreed and he doesnt say then can only work against him surely.

No ,the numbers leaked not known .huge difference .Bale deal so far isn't known and spanish press still claim that Cr7 is the biggest transfer in history and they got that from tax authority .yet no one cared and consider him highest transfer ever
English media still claim Suarez costed 75M pound ever after we announced it was less .Laporta doesn't have to announce anything but that the deal is done tbh .Laporta can leak whatever number he wants right now until the deal officially signed

JamDav1982

No ,the numbers leaked not known .huge difference .Bale deal so far isn't known and spanish press still claim that Cr7 is the biggest transfer in history and they got that from tax authority .yet no one cared and consider him highest transfer ever
English media still claim Suarez costed 75M pound ever after we announced it was less .Laporta doesn't have to announce anything but that the deal is done tbh .Laporta can leak whatever number he wants right now until the deal officially signed

No the numbers are not leaked.

The official figures are given the majority of time.

Cant be bothered going through them all so looked at last two in Vidal and Arda both of which had the fees confirmed by club.

The fee and wages of Pogba have been amongst the most discussed topics this summer with that transfer. Any one with any sense would ask how much Laporta has agreed to pay for him. From there it is up to Laporta not to answer but I doubt that will do him any good.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

No the numbers are not leaked.

The official figures are given the majority of time.

Cant be bothered going through them all so looked at last two in Vidal and Arda both of which had the fees confirmed by club.

The fee and wages of Pogba have been amongst the most discussed topics this summer with that transfer. Any one with any sense would ask how much Laporta has agreed to pay for him. From there it is up to Laporta not to answer but I doubt that will do him any good.

We didn't announce any fee of signings until late last summer after the Neymar saga .we announced all the numbers of the deals of 2014 transfers in septeber .b4 that all of them were undisclosed fees man .
Laporta won't have to give exact figure or even accurate one .it is unofficial deal that will be announced less than week b4 elections .IMO that is well played move with almost zero disadvantage .those who would care so much about numbers and etc are probably the one who would never vote for him anyway

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ouch.

If this is true and Laporta wins then we're going to see a lot of burn on this forum.

'The Evil Genius Laporta who destroyed Barca'

Home of Barca Fans