João Laporta

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Another row has blown up surrounding Joan Laporta after he phoned the president of Extremadura Guillermo Fernandez Vara and called him an "imbecile" repeatedly throughout a short telephone call before Fernandez hung up. Marca had reported that Laporta called Fernandez "a shit barcelonista" but the Extremeño president has said that this is not true. Another source of controversy is Laporta's remark "visca Catalunya terra lliure" which is contradicted in MD who report the phrase as "Visca Catalunya i Visca Terra Lliure". Terra Lliure is a now defunct terrorist group which carried out several bombings during the 1980s in an ETA-style campaign for Catalan independence. There is a big difference between the two sentences and it would be nice to know which is the accurate quotation, if it's the latter then Laporta should resign.

This all came about as a result of Guillermo Fernandez writing an article in Marca in which he asked the Barça president not to forget about culés outside of Catalunya (by which he meant culés in Spain) and pleaded with Laporta not to "harm us". His article finished with the sentence "Visca el Barça, visca Catalunya. And if you'll permit me, and even if you won't viva España".

Last edited:

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
If this is correct, then Laporta will be starting a fascist movement within a year of his last day of commitment to barcelona.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think, given laporta's history with hooligans, he's hardly gonna be praising a terrorist organisation.

MD lookin' to sell some papers, methinks.

spursandbarca

One of the guys in our Penya(Catalan and works with Barca in some association.will pm info but dont want to get the guy in trouble) says that Laporta is getting a divorce from his wife

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yet another director has resigned from Joan Laporta's board. This time it's Joan Franquesa, one of the vice-presidents, who leaves for "personal reasons" but many suspect that he was pushed out by Laporta who was about to demote him for opposing the appointment of Sala i Martin as the continuist candidate.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
spiffy suits for continuist candidate? nice

xsm1.jpg

sala%20i%20martin_original.jpg

what a man.

CLC_15.jpg

a black Sala i Martin??

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The day he become a Barca president will be amazing , they won't broadcast the game but his jacket

Home of Barca Fans