João Laporta

S

Snyde

Eloquent? :lol:
The guy says that Inter should be the one paying in the exchange :lol:

I don't know when was the last time I read such an idiotic thing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And why is that exactly? Because Ibrahimovic is Ibra or because of his flashy moves? Because I didn´t see him scoring more than Eto for the past 5 years. And isn´t that what it´s all about?
I´d say a straight swap deal would be more fair than what we are likely to pay

S

Snyde

For those saying Eto'o and Ibra's value are the same, I just feel sorry for. Because you guys are obviously clueless and locked in a delusional world where only Barca/Spain exists. Ibra's market value is sky high, you guys just don't get how big he is in Italy. There's a reason that he's been the best paid soccer star in the world up till now that Ronalda signed for RM. It wasn't Inter just having too much money that they felt they could waste on overpumping his salary. They valued him that high, and there's a reason they paid so much to have him. Wherever he has gone he wins, two times for juventus and now three for inter. This season he won BOTH the goal scoring and assist league if I'm not mistaken. He has done EVERYTHING for Inter... It's not like you guys can say that the ONLY reason Barca won the triple is because of Eto'o. Your performance is much more spread out on the great amount of players on diverse positions... So just get real all you "haters"... You may not like the deal, but you can't keep living in your delusional world that they are worth the same...

While you talk about Ibra's true value which I agree with. (He's been the best player in Serie A in the last 5 years consistently & the key difference maker for the team that won the titles.)

There are so many aspects to the real (market/sale) value of both players which makes Ibra's value far superior to that of Eto'o. The most basic economic concept is ofcourse we're selling a good that we don't want or a "must-go" while Inter are selling something they don't want to unless it's an offer they can't refuse ;) (or grossly above their valuation of him)

Then there is the fact about their contracts...

Some people just don't want to understand.

Oscy and my post in the Zlatan thread. It's a stupid deal and we're overpaying and the worst part is that it comes back to bite us because of what Laporta said but to say that Inter should be the one paying us is pure idiocy.

PS Another point is the African Cup. And another, though this is more subjective, is that IMO Zlatan is at his peak while Eto'o had a terrible last half of the season.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Oscy and my post in the Zlatan thread. It's a stupid deal and we're overpaying and the worst part is that it comes back to bite us because of what Laporta said but to say that Inter should be the one paying us is pure idiocy.

PS Another point is the African Cup. And another, though this is more subjective, is that IMO Zlatan is at his peak while Eto'o had a terrible last half of the season.

you want to debate Bardh opinion go ahead and write an article but don't say it's idiocy simply because you think differently.. it's not the first time you described other people opinion or posts as one Snyde..
your opinion is valued but so is other members .. it's a matter of different opinion.. Barca news website belong to the forum so you can write a counter article posting your different opinion

i sincerely want to read the counter argument .. but not with stuff like
it's Pep decision.
Eto'o is a money grabber .

for the record i do rate Eto'o higher than Zlatan in the striker position *and most old forum members know I do love & follow Inter in Serie A * .. and that's a problem most of you pro-zlatan don't seem to understand.. Ze Nose is a shadow striker who score goals due to other Inter strikers failure.. he is creative no doubt but u don't need creativity u need a finisher a true no 9 (as meta describe it ) and Ze Nose is far from being one.. and that's where Eto'o is miles ahead and worth more than Ze Nose ..
to get it through.. remember when u first tried Henry in the middle ? he kept going to the left.. except Zlatan to go back to receive the ball leaving no one upfront .. same thing u faced 2 seasons ago when Eto'o was injured and Henry replaced him in the games

having said that the only way this deal might make sense to me in terms of positions if Pep play Henry as a CF and Put Ze Nose in his place

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think Pep could play Messi centrally for the majority of next season, he played there in the biggest games last season and proved effective. So rather than HIM we could see HMI.

S

Snyde

Beast, I don't know why I argue with you, it must be some bad trait of mine. *sigh*

Could you please point out why the monetary value of Ibra -considering the whole situation before the negotiations started- is less than that of Eto'o? I've read your post and see no indication of that here.

My whole point is that there is no way in hell that Eto'o was worth more money than Ibra in this deal. Please stick to that.

(As an aside, I don't elaborate on posts etc. that I deem 'unworthy' of sorts. I could nitpick each point that this guy mentions ex: Arsenal stick to having their preseason close by but that's helped them achieve fuck all...Not to begin on what CA already said but his guy thinks he knows training better than the very top professionals? I'd like to see what his methods have achieved outside of
FM :lol: but I'd rather not. That is the reason why I posted what I did on the Zlatan topic and not here initially. I don't deem this article worthy of discussion, so I wont bother giving my detailed opinion on it. That is precisely the reason why I ignore most your childish insults)

EDIT: Oh and before you get carried away and post something irrelevant: I'd like to see you address :
1. "There are so many aspects to the real (market/sale) value of both players which makes Ibra's value far superior to that of Eto'o. The most basic economic concept is ofcourse we're selling a good that we don't want or a "must-go" while Inter are selling something they don't want to unless it's an offer they can't refuse ;) (or grossly above their valuation of him)"

2. "Then there is the fact about their contracts..."(By this I obviously meant their pre-existing ones...)

3. PS Another point is the African Cup.

In fairness, my first (also oscy's) and last point are subjective so I can see you having a differing opinion on that.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why couldn´t you then write that instead of just labeling something as stupid?
You can find something worth discussing or not but the discussion is there whether you like it or not. If you think that was stupid, try reading through goal.garbage comments.

S

Snyde

@Bojan: I already mentioned why I didn't elaborate on it. Read my post again you'll find it. It may seem arrogant but it prevents me from excessively wasting my time so I'm not going to change it. (If someone keeps insisting 2+2=7 then I'm not going to argue with them but I'd just call them stupid. Something so plainly logical being defied is not worth the effort for me and I'd rather ignore/laugh at it.)

Anyhow Beast, I found your argument on why you think Eto'o is worth more than Ibra and I'll highlight the main points and counter them and you cay what's wrong/counter them yourself...Let's see if we can have a civilised discussion at last.

for the record i do rate Eto'o higher than Zlatan in the striker position *and most old forum members know I do love & follow Inter in Serie A * .. and that's a problem most of you pro-zlatan don't seem to understand.. Ze Nose is a shadow striker who score goals due to other Inter strikers failure.. he is creative no doubt but u don't need creativity u need a finisher a true no 9 (as meta describe it ) and Ze Nose is far from being one
So looking from that POV I see 1) Your opinion, which obviously doesn't matter in determining his price 2) He isn't the type of player we need.

Or perhaps you are saying that because Eto'o fits in our system better/is what we need more, we should value him higher. Correct?

If that is so then it can easily be countered that 1) Inter decide his worth and not Barca because they are in no way looking to sell him. They'd rather keep him but the money being offered is too good to turn down.
So all that says is Barca shouldn't value him so high because he isn't the type of player we need NOT that he's not worth that much. Frankly if any other team were going to buy Ibra this season (irrespective of how he does or does not fit them) he'd go only for a similar price.

Now addressing your point that Barca shouldn't value him so high, I'd say I half agree considering how he has played for Inter in the past but there is something there which logic doesn't touch and that is the fact that I trust our treble winning coach and am only more than happy for us to give him the type of players he needs to try and implement his system. The same system he wanted last year.
(But now he has proved himself more than worthy of our trust.)

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
Well my thoughts are still the same and I'm still the same person, but I guess it's the place that makes the difference. I can give my opinion, have a debate, argue Etc. over here in a mature way, where as in the past I couldn't say two words without being called retard Etc. I'm sure you know what I mean :) !

B

barca 92-09

BARCA is Super football
Laporta seems madridish to me now......

FUCK THE NEW WORLD ORDER
Laporta lost his mind
If we meet Inter in the CL next season and SAMUEL, MOURINHO &co kill us off>>>We now who 2 blame......

Punk

Home of Barca Fans