João Laporta

Bobo32

Not really.

His "sporting project" is about bringing in Barcelona's DNA past players and hoping they'll fix this mess.... even those people like Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol have no experience with dealing with this crap. He's then talking about focusing on La Masia (which is good), but you need to be very patient and lucky. It's not like we're going to get another Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Messi any time soon. Also, to get those kinds of players altogether from the youth system is once in a generation. Then he's talking about keeping Messi happy and making the team competitive to win the Champions League again.... which isn't going to happen for at least 3 to 5 years (probably way after 5 years); you need a lot of money and a very good squad with depth to do that.... we have neither. We have an average squad with barely any depth and we're in terrible debt. By the time we sort out our debt, we'll be further behind the teams like PSG, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Man Utd.... and the list goes on. Messi doesn't have 3 to 5 years. Then he's making out that all Griezmann needs is to believe in himself and he'll suddenly become a world-class player and he'll start banging in the goals.

His "sporting project" may benefit us 5 to 10 years from now on but it isn't going to solve our immediate problems. It sounds like he'll try and shorten the debt as much as possible. But he knows deep down that he cannot spend big amounts of money. It also sounds like he's going to bend over to Messi and give him a big and fat contract where he'll be on big wages. It also sounds like Pique, Busquets, Alba won't be going anywhere, due to his Barcelona DNA theme sporting project. He's stating we need to focus on the future, but he keeps mentioning things from the past. It just seems like he's saying anything that'll appeal to the masses. I honestly don't think he realizes how difficult it is to do with massive amounts of debt and without having a good team without good depth. As I said, he's been out of the game for over 10 years. Football has changed an awful lot. The transfer market isn't what it was. He isn't going to get players like Henry and Ronaldinho for that cheap anymore. He also won't have players like Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, Puyol and a very young Messi in the squad this time around.

I don't even want Font. I think he has no real plan at all. It seems like the same crap Laporta is talking about. Font just wants to bring Barcelona DNA and make Xavi the coach.

I guess we're fucked either way.

Yeah, you better start following another club, not concerned with Barca-DNA. Literally any other club, pick one.

Birdy

A couple of good news coming from Laporta's camp:

Reshad Rahman ✆
@HagridFCB

Under Joan Laporta’s presidency, Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be given more prominence and the aim would be to become a benchmark in the sporting world. #Laporta ��

The scouting department of Barcelona will be very powerful and improvised under his presidency, says Laporta. #FCB
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]centre
?
4h
Laporta: "I see Koeman as what a coach should do: challenge his players, as he did after the C?diz game, saying that you couldn't fail against Elche."

Having said that it's a problem not to have properly differentiated roles in your sports structure. SD is not the same as CEO. If Alemany is going to be the CEO, then you need someone else to be the SD.
I hope someone like Overmars with good SD record joins, rather than recycling 'Barca roots' material like Valdes, with 0 experience and success on such a job.

khaled_a_d

Having said that it's a problem not to have properly differentiated roles in your sports structure. SD is not the same as CEO. If Alemany is going to be the CEO, then you need someone else to be the SD.
I hope someone like Overmars with good SD record joins, rather than recycling 'Barca roots' material like Valdes, with 0 experience and success on such a job.

Don't know if I am a big fan of this model.

When you have a Manager/Sporting Director/General Manager all involved with recruitment it seems to result in friction as it did with Barto.

On the plus side, it gives more heads to put on the chopping block for Laporta when things go wrong.

I might be just hopeful, but I think Allemany job will be overseeing the overall structure of the sporting project, the scouting, data, La Masia etc, probably some of the main hiring too.
OTOH, the new sporting director will be in charge of the 1st team and the signings.
He doesn't want to put names atm, you could argue because he has non, but his argument is that he doesn't want to undermine current ones working, and I would argue he doesn't want some public embarrassment like what happened with Font (and he himself in 2015)

Rassvet

Laporta is basically just a nostalgia candidate imo. He can't be worse than Barto but Im not too optimistic.

Porque

I like Alemany. Let's hope if/when Laporta arrives that whoever is the CEO can sell a whole lot better than Laporta's first stinct!

xxxxxx

Laporta is basically just a nostalgia candidate imo. He can't be worse than Barto but Im not too optimistic.

That's what it is. He's just relying on his past glory and the Barcelona DNA to win his case. It'll most likely win the election for him, but I have major doubts about his project.

SmilerBam

Yeah, you better start following another club, not concerned with Barca-DNA. Literally any other club, pick one.

Corectamundo.This is what you get when you had a lot of success for a long time.Glory hunter fans.And when a new team is better,or plays other kind of football,well,they are displeased.They want again glory.Although football will always be like this:working in cycles.Just like life.But anyway,the ''new'' fan thinks football is like FIFA.Maybe it's better Barca will not have sucess in the next years.The true fans will remain,those who know we weren't always a powerhouse.Those who know the true values of this special club.Not those who want us to play like fucking Bayern Munchen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A couple of good news coming from Laporta's camp:

Reshad Rahman ✆
@HagridFCB

Under Joan Laporta’s presidency, Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be given more prominence and the aim would be to become a benchmark in the sporting world. #Laporta ��

The scouting department of Barcelona will be very powerful and improvised under his presidency, says Laporta. #FCB
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]centre
?
4h
Laporta: "I see Koeman as what a coach should do: challenge his players, as he did after the C?diz game, saying that you couldn't fail against Elche."

That must be a typo, right? I certainly hope our scouting will not be done by improvising under Laporta.

Joan

That must be a typo, right? I certainly hope our scouting will not be done by improvising under Laporta.

:lol:

While I'm at it, didn't see it posted so here's an article: Barcelona presidential election: Candidates' blueprints for Nou Camp club. Basically Font, Laporta, and Freixa answer some questions.

This one seemed interesting:
Do Barcelona have to sell to outside investors - even parts of the club - to continue being at the top?

Font

Our Barcelona project believes that to sell 49% of certain assets we have in exchange for much-needed funds is a concept that makes sense.

Bringing in strategic partners to help us develop different parts of the business with a plan to incorporate millions of fans around the world can bring capital into the club. It makes sense and we have been working on similar ideas for the past couple of years.

What I don't think needs to be done is to rush things so that you sell 49% of assets for very little money just because of the need to bring in short-term cash.

Have any idea what assets is he talking about?

Bold is mine.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol:

While I'm at it, didn't see it posted so here's an article: Barcelona presidential election: Candidates' blueprints for Nou Camp club. Basically Font, Laporta, and Freixa answer some questions.

This one seemed interesting:

Have any idea what assets is he talking about?

Bold is mine.

He was talking about selling off 49% of Barca Corporate (BLM, Barca Studios, BIHUB and Barca Academies, the corporate side of the club) to investors to get some much needed funds to invest in it and other areas of the club (such as the core business, ie. football) so the club can remain in control of it. Freixa talked about it as well, saying we could get 250m from it, sounds too much or too good to be true.

If there is a way for us to regain full control later and it wouldn't be bad. However nobody knows the details now.

Joan

He was talking about selling off 49% of Barca Corporate (BLM, Barca Studios, BIHUB and Barca Academies, the corporate side of the club) to investors to get some much needed funds to invest in it and other areas of the club (such as the core business, ie. football) so the club can remain in control of it. Freixa talked about it as well, saying we could get 250m from it, sounds too much or too good to be true.

If there is a way for us to regain full control later and it wouldn't be bad. However nobody knows the details now.

Thanks. :)

Should work on the wording, though. People might get the wrong message from it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanks. :)

Should work on the wording, though. People might get the wrong message from it.

Yeah, indeed. I think all three candidates will not be opposed to this as long as we are the majority shareholder of Barca Corporate. I see both pros and cons from this, pros would be (1) we get the badly needed money (2) and we can leverage experience and expertise etc. from some pros on the investors side to run Barca Corporate well, plus giving investors a stake in the business will probably bring additional resources to help many components within Barca Corporate reach its potential, for example commercializing some of our studies done by BIHUH and translate them into real assets for us etc. As to cons, ceding control to folks outside of the club, albeit minority shares, might be troublesome for us sometime in the future. Also naturally we will have to share the money we will make from those components within Barca Corporate, especially BLM and Barca Studios, so I don’t know what that means to our revenue as to how much of an impact the reduction we will be facing will be immediately.

behindbrowneyes

BREAKING: Jordi Cruyff will be part of the sports structure under Joan Laporta?s presidency, if the latter wins the presidential elections this March.

He did not say that. His answers to the questions regarding Xavi and Cruyff were:

[tw]1365087656170958852[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans