The three Brazilians

Which of those three Brazilians played better while in Barca?

• Total voters

M.L. King

The Preacher
Which of the three Brazilians superstars who played for Barca you liked the most Romario, Ronaldo or Rivaldo?

I decided not to include Ronnie as the majority would probably go for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ronaldo was here only for one season but that was enough for me to give him my vote. I´m thankful I had the privilege of watching FC Barcelona while he was here.

Evil

Shabazz
Tough one between Rivaldo and Romario .. Rivaldo for me, great player and love his bicycle kicks :p Plus Rivaldo didn´t go on to play for Madrid :evil:

maz

I walk the line
Even though ronaldo went to madrid it didnt change my view of him. Since the question was "who played better for fcb while he was here" its impossible NOT to give it to a player that played 37 games and scored 34 goals in a season! However if the question was "who gave more to fcb" it would have to be rivaldo.

(incase anyone didnt notice im voting for ronaldo!)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Such a shame we couldn´t keep him. As you said, Rivaldo contributed way more but then again he was here longer. Had Ronaldo stayed at Barca we would have taken more trophies, I´m sure of it. He was a one-man team. Either setting up goals or scoring himself. Unfortunately at that time Serie A was at it´s peak so he was easily tempted. But Nunez could have done more to keep him

maz

I walk the line
I watched ronaldo at the end of his season at fcb (it was the final of a trophy that we won)..and that was what attracted me to fcb. However because i was young (must have been about 10 at the time) and also just being introduced to fcb, i wasnt as in touch with fcb news as i later became. So i have never got the full story about the ronaldo transfer. Could u give me the lowdown? I know he cried when he announced his transfer..

Evil

Shabazz
Ronaldo´s goal rate was amazing, but he was only here 1 season that´s why I didn´t vote for him. If it´s who played the best while at the club then the award goes to Ronaldo. If it´s who gave Barça the most overall, then Rivaldo hands down.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
maz said:
I watched ronaldo at the end of his season at fcb (it was the final of a trophy that we won)..and that was what attracted me to fcb. However because i was young (must have been about 10 at the time) and also just being introduced to fcb, i wasnt as in touch with fcb news as i later became. So i have never got the full story about the ronaldo transfer. Could u give me the lowdown? I know he cried when he announced his transfer..

Inter in fact had the first option to buy him from PSV but they didn`t exercise their right so we got him.
He stayed in good terms with Moratti (Inter president) though so that had a certain weight too. I`m not familiar with details with his relationship with Nunez though but the atmosphere was low at the end of the season as everyone expected we would win La Liga easily and Capello outsmarted Robson with his Balkan duo Suker-Mijatovic winning the games for him. And Ronaldo decided to leave for Serie A, which as I said, was the NBA of football at that time.

barSELOna

We cant compare them. They played in different times. So I wont choose anything. Romario and Rivaldo were great, they played many matches in Barca. Ronaldo played just one year but he was great that one year

S

Snyde

Rivaldo easily. Legend.

I wouldn't choose Dinho over anyone except Ronaldo who is just a mercenary and I have no respect for those.

maz

I walk the line
Lol but its not about respect. This poll is becoming about who your favourite brazilian was.

For those who chose rivaldo...why would u say rivaldo played better while he was here than ronaldo did?

Evil

Shabazz
Yup it´s who you liked more, Ronaldo was only here for 1 season, his goal rate was the best though, but I just like Rivaldo more, he was consistent for many years and gave Barça more overall ..

Home of Barca Fans