Alex Song

F

Flavia

[tw]760147063493492736[/tw]

He didn't go on loan. His contract was rescinded! :song:

F

Flavia

not a single euro.

Were you expecting him to be sold? West ham didn't want him, nor did any other english team. Song was a terrible signing, so the ending couldn't be much better than this. At least he wasn't loaned again, with Barça paying part of his wages. he's gone for good.

raki

Were you expecting him to be sold? West ham didn't want him, nor did any other english team. Song was a terrible signing, so the ending couldn't be much better than this. At least he wasn't loaned again, with Barça paying part of his wages. he's gone for good.

Liverpool made 50M out of worse players than him...When you have skills to sell..when you dont...

At least we save on his wage.

F

Flavia

Liverpool made 50M out of worse players than him...When you have skills to sell..when you dont...

At least we save on his wage.

Was that player on loan for 2 seasons, with high wages and a certified flop? No one wanted Song. Not even some chinese team. This kind of business is doomed to fail. Getting rid of him is great news.

BarçaBarça

Was that player on loan for 2 seasons, with high wages and a certified flop? No one wanted Song. Not even some chinese team. This kind of business is doomed to fail. Getting rid of him is great news.

Of course it is too late now for us to get something other than spare his wages. But when we loaned him to West Ham, the deal was done "extremely quickly" - couldn't we have negotiated a permanent deal then? Or after the first West Ham year - he was their captain at times, played a lot in the PL and was called his near-best signing ever by the manager. I don't expect much, but that isn't the worst negotiation position to be in for Barca, but we just loaned him again.

That said I'm glad he and his wages are finally gone - that is clearly better than another loan.

F

Flavia

Of course it is too late now for us to get something other than spare his wages. But when we loaned him to West Ham, the deal was done "extremely quickly" - couldn't we have negotiated a permanent deal then? Or after the first West Ham year - he was their captain at times, played a lot in the PL and was called his near-best signing ever by the manager. I don't expect much, but that isn't the worst negotiation position to be in for Barca, but we just loaned him again.

That said I'm glad he and his wages are finally gone - that is clearly better than another loan.

I bet the problem were his wages. He wouldn't accept less than what he was getting, west ham wouldn't pay full, so loan it was. The wages offered at Barça are a bit too much, sometimes.

JamDav1982

I bet the problem were his wages. He wouldn't accept less than what he was getting, west ham wouldn't pay full, so loan it was. The wages offered at Barça are a bit too much, sometimes.

West Ham were paying his full wages. That is what was reported at time. Even that they paid a loan fee although not sure if true.

The reason given for not wanting him permanently was issues over his fitness I think and that lasted for a lot of last season.

His wages were easily payable for any EPL side.

raki

just a example. Was on loan, HUGE flop and west ham paid 19M euros. lol

I dont remember a great sale for years.

West Ham United
2012–13
Carroll playing for West Ham United in 2012

On 30 August 2012, Carroll signed with West Ham on a season-long loan.[49] Liverpool initially wanted a £17 million option for a permanent transfer written into the loan deal, but dropped the demand to facilitate the deal, and West Ham ultimately paid a £2 million loan arrangement fee and also all of Carroll's £80,000-a-week Liverpool wages.[50]

Carroll made his debut on 1 September, setting-up two goals in a 3–0 home win against Fulham.[51] He scored his first goal on 25 November 2012 in a 3–1 away defeat against Tottenham Hotspur.[52] After making his first start since November due to injury, Carroll scored the only goal in a home win against Swansea City on 2 February 2013.[53] Carroll ended the loan spell with seven goals in 24 appearances.[54]
2013–14

On 21 May 2013, West Ham and Liverpool agreed a fee of around £15 million to make the loan move permanent, pending Carroll agreeing to the move, and then to personal terms.[50] Carroll signed a six-year contract with West Ham on 19 June 2013 for a club record transfer fee of £15 million.[55]

Liverpool taking out the trash

Jordan Ibe – £15m
Joe Allen – £13m
Martin Skrtel – £5m
Jerome Sinclair – £4m
Sergi Canos – £2.5m

Last edited:
F

Flavia

West Ham were paying his full wages. That is what was reported at time. Even that they paid a loan fee although not sure if true.

The reason given for not wanting him permanently was issues over his fitness I think and that lasted for a lot of last season.

His wages were easily payable for any EPL side.

Why didn't any other epl side want him, then? Just west ham showed some interest. And as far as I know, Barça was paying part of his wages.

JamDav1982

Why didn't any other epl side want him, then? Just west ham showed some interest. And as far as I know, Barça was paying part of his wages.

Because he isnt that great, couldnt stay fit and seemed to want London with a decent wage.

Dont get me wrong I never liked his signing from the start and thought Barca were getting something they were not.

Song had one good season at Arsenal where he was allowed to go box to box with freedom and other players covered for him. Never going to get that at Barca.

F

Flavia

just a example. Was on loan, HUGE flop and west ham paid 19M euros. lol

I dont remember a great sale for years.

West Ham United
2012–13
Carroll playing for West Ham United in 2012

On 30 August 2012, Carroll signed with West Ham on a season-long loan.[49] Liverpool initially wanted a £17 million option for a permanent transfer written into the loan deal, but dropped the demand to facilitate the deal, and West Ham ultimately paid a £2 million loan arrangement fee and also all of Carroll's £80,000-a-week Liverpool wages.[50]

Carroll made his debut on 1 September, setting-up two goals in a 3–0 home win against Fulham.[51] He scored his first goal on 25 November 2012 in a 3–1 away defeat against Tottenham Hotspur.[52] After making his first start since November due to injury, Carroll scored the only goal in a home win against Swansea City on 2 February 2013.[53] Carroll ended the loan spell with seven goals in 24 appearances.[54]
2013–14

On 21 May 2013, West Ham and Liverpool agreed a fee of around £15 million to make the loan move permanent, pending Carroll agreeing to the move, and then to personal terms.[50] Carroll signed a six-year contract with West Ham on 19 June 2013 for a club record transfer fee of £15 million.[55]

Carroll had a hype song never did, though. Back then he was 24, Song is almost 29 now. And liverpool got andy for £35m.

khaled_a_d

I've read nothing that support that claim.
And Song was stubborn enough to say he will only to play in London.than gave us little leverage in negotiation

Home of Barca Fans