Thread: Alex Song

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by raki View Post
    just a example. Was on loan, HUGE flop and west ham paid 19M euros. lol

I dont remember a great sale for years.

West Ham United
    2012–13
    Carroll playing for West Ham United in 2012

On 30 August 2012, Carroll signed with West Ham on a season-long loan.[49] Liverpool initially wanted a £17 million option for a permanent transfer written into the loan deal, but dropped the demand to facilitate the deal, and West Ham ultimately paid a £2 million loan arrangement fee and also all of Carroll's £80,000-a-week Liverpool wages.[50]

Carroll made his debut on 1 September, setting-up two goals in a 3–0 home win against Fulham.[51] He scored his first goal on 25 November 2012 in a 3–1 away defeat against Tottenham Hotspur.[52] After making his first start since November due to injury, Carroll scored the only goal in a home win against Swansea City on 2 February 2013.[53] Carroll ended the loan spell with seven goals in 24 appearances.[54]
    2013–14

On 21 May 2013, West Ham and Liverpool agreed a fee of around £15 million to make the loan move permanent, pending Carroll agreeing to the move, and then to personal terms.[50] Carroll signed a six-year contract with West Ham on 19 June 2013 for a club record transfer fee of £15 million.[55]
    Carroll had a hype song never did, though. Back then he was 24, Song is almost 29 now. And liverpool got andy for £35m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Why didn't any other epl side want him, then? Just west ham showed some interest. And as far as I know, Barça was paying part of his wages.
    I've read nothing that support that claim.
    And Song was stubborn enough to say he will only to play in London.than gave us little leverage in negotiation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players now that barça is weak in trasfers. They know it, the others clubs know it. We´re the UNICEF of the transfer market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jordan Ibe isnt a flop and is seen as a young player with good potential.

Joe Allan is off the back of a very strong Euros.

How much are Liverpool going to get for Balotelli? Or Markovic? Those are flops.

Can hand pick players from any club to make like getting good/bad money in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post

Oh dear...
    Could do just as many of those the other way.

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I've read nothing that support that claim.
    And Song was stubborn enough to say he will only to play in London.than gave us little leverage in negotiation
    I don't remember where I read it, but for the 2nd season on loan I read about Barça paying part of his wages.